Marin Pine Mountain 91. Update 5/8: M737's and DC987's...

Forks and stem have been painted...

Quick update:

The forks and stem have been painted. The paint is fluorescent orange. I have done them satin and I actually like it...

Let me know what you all think...

I have removed the sticker kit as it was a little tatty! Gil is doing a new sticker kit for me at the moment... Canny wait!! :D

DSC00843.jpg

DSC00846.jpg

Ta...

Sticker Kit ON... :)

New sticker Kit on, courtesy of Gil...

DSC00863.jpg

DSC00864.jpg

My PM was a mixed bag on the sticker kit and I have had a look at the markings on the BB.. There is the 090 but then there are some other letters that look as though they were stamped later in life as they are reversed!

This was matched with Gil and is now as it was when I purchased 8/9 years ago...

I have the MARIN text that went down the front of the forks also...

I messed up the RACE BRED, as I did not degreese the rear stay correctly... :oops:

Other than that I am well happy... :D

Now 7 speed

Change of plan... Although the ss was great, I use the Marin around town and do a fair distance on weekend rides etc... So I thought I would keep with the 46 single ring and try a 7 speed rear using an STX 7 speed rapid fire unit (may upgrade to an XT 7/speed/XTR 8 speed) and a M735 short cage mech... I am going to trial this, I think it will be better for me. I have my Scott but my Marin PM just rides so nice, so comfy!

Pics:

DSC00865.jpg

DSC00866.jpg

DSC00867.jpg

Nice one....like it :cool:

Must get on with my 91' Team Marin.....if i didn't have so many other projects on the go..... :roll: :)

Back