Magura HS info

Re:

The lever pulls in as normal, the pistons push out as expected, but the pistons (caliper or master cylinder?) are very slow to return, meaning that the lever stays at the bar and is "floppy" until the pistons gradually retract and the lever moves away from the bar again.

Re:

Update: Found some info on observedtrials.net which pointed towards the master cylinder in the lever, so I pulled out the piston... can someone confirm if there is supposed to be a spring inside the master cylinder behind the piston? Without stripping down the other brake I'm not 100% on this. These are HS22 Raceline brakes btw.

If not, then I'll try a new o-ring, the piston slides into the master cylinder ok, but with the o-ring fitted it won't return. maybe the o-ring has swollen?

Re:

Update 2: took the other master cylinder apart, guess what? a spring popped out! :LOL:
So the master cylinder wouldn't return because there was no spring in it to aid the lever returning to it's normal "off" position :facepalm:

Anyway, I now know what the problem was, I've learned how these brakes come apart, and I think I should be able to source another suitable spring from one of the Trials bike shops.

Re:

I took a few pics, may be of use to someone in the future. These are what I believe to be HS22 Raceline brakes, early 90's.

Master cylinder piston and spring.... notice what's missing? :roll:

Parts lined up...

Inside the master cylinder (top hole is the bleed hole).

Close up of master cylinder piston showing O-ring seal...

Is there anyone who can teach me about the serie of my Magura with the information of the Image?

I'm not sure and I need a new Brakelever for the right.

Thank You Very Much!!

Attachments

• IMG_0516.JPG
    IMG_0516.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 426
You have the very earliest magura Hydrostops. late 80s, early 90s.

ANY magura rim brake lever will work for you. Nice caliper mount too!

Thank you for answering!

So do you think it's possible to connect a new rim brake lever to the old rear brake?
Because the Brakes are working, I only need a new rim brake lever (for the right) and a new tube.

Or is there any chance to get the old lever from the late 80s/early 90s in the internet?

They are essentially all the same, so a more modern lever should work fine. I'm sure that the early levers come up occasionally on ebay, but they are unusual with that lever.

Back