For Sale Kona Sutra frame set and extras included SOLD!!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
ok so i have had my Kona Sutra a while, i like it but there is a but, it's slightly too big for me:( when i looked at the sizing it looked like the 54cm was the correct size, but it's just a little too long for me, even with a shorter stem i feel like my hands don't quite sit comfortably on the hoods where as if i had got the 52cm it would have been fine. so poo happens, i made a mistake.

so that means it's up for sale, now annoyingly Kona have no stock of this frame so i'm gonna swap to an Orange frame, this means i won't be using the Kona bar/stem/post etc and i'll include the headset and clamp as they won't fit the Orange.

so this package is for:-

Kona Sutra frame and fork 54cm (£750 at retail)
kona gravel bar 46cm centre to centre on the tops, then 56cm centre to centre at the flare (£30 at retail) was new when fitted
kona 45mm stem (£25 at retail) was new when fitted
hope headset included (£95 at retail) was new when fitted
hope seapost qr included (£25 at retail) was new when fitted
kona seatpost included (£30 at retail) was new when fitted

so that's £955 at retail price, all this for £650 posted.

sizes taken from Kona's Geometry chart is as follows:-

frame 54cm centre to top
top tube 569mm (think that's centre to centre) it's the virtual though, see geometry chart linked below
head tube angle 71
headtube size 147mm
stand over height 820mm
drop outs are for 12mm through axle, and you can run up to 700x50 or 650x47 maybe wider depending on the tyres you like.
and it's flat mount standard for the brake calipers.

i am 5'9" +a bit, so i'd say this is for a 5'10"+ rider but Kona do say 5'9 to 6' for this size frame

see here for any other geometry info:- https://konaworld.com/archive/2021/sutra_ltd.cfm

and see here for it being on Kona's dream builds:- https://cog.konaworld.com/kona-dream-builds-silver-linings-jons-insane-sutra-ltd-build/

regards condition, it's mint really, it's had about 10 rides, all road except one section of gravel and the main pic of the bike i'm about to post is after that without cleaning the bike, so it's never been dirty really, unless there is something i haven't noticed the only scratches are on the top of the non drive chainstay where the pedal from another bike hit it, annoying as hell! see last pic for the scratches.

so £650 gets it!

see pics

sutra1.jpg

sutra2.jpg

sutra3.jpg

sutra4.jpg

sutra5.jpg

sutra6.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back