lovley raleigh dune dancer mtb x-large reynolds 501 lx group

beechdaleboy

Kona Fan
very rare Raleigh dune dancer from around 1990. made in nottingham england.
These are very rare and are not to be confused with other low end bikes around this bargain price.
It has a superb Reynolds 501 steel frame in almost unmarked condition in teal blue which has a couple of stone chips and hidden storage marks from being in long term storage.
it has slight smudging to the original raleigh sticker but does not affect the looks of the bike.
It also features new old stock x-lite bar ends and a rare Dr crud derailleur pulley plus some new Michelin tyres and almost new wtb saddle.
It has also been treated to some new old stock mt zefal toe clips as per original spec.
It has Reynolds 501 handle bars, original tioga grips, tioga avenger headset, tioga stem, sr seatpost, mint araya rm17 wheels with nice Shimano lx hubs, Shimano dx brakes, Shimano lx pedals, Shimano lx front and rear mech, Shimano lx combo brake and gear levers in full working order complete with very rare gaters, Shimano lx crank, Shimano slr cables, purple crank bolts.
Its a very nice low milage bike in superb condition.
I had one of these new back in the day when I worked at Raleigh which I paid nearly £400 with staff discount.
This is a large bike ideal for people over 6ft.
Why buy a cheap and nasty catalogue bike when you can have this.
you may send a carrier at your own risk but please allow time for me to source a bike box.
cash on collection preferd.

AFTER TAKING THE BIKE OUT TODAY AND GETTING A PUNCTURE I HAVE NOW FITTED SOME BRAND NEW CHARGE SPLASH BACK TAN WALL TYRES AND TWO NEW PRESTA VALVE INNER TUBES.

looking for at least £120 collected from nottingham

Attachments

• $_57 (14).JPG
    $_57 (14).JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 726
  • $_86 (8).JPG
    $_86 (8).JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 726
  • $_86 (10).JPG
    $_86 (10).JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 724
  • $_86 (11).JPG
    $_86 (11).JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 722
  • $_86 (12).JPG
    $_86 (12).JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 723
  • $_86 (14).JPG
    $_86 (14).JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 724
  • $_86 (15).JPG
    $_86 (15).JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 723
  • $_86 (16).JPG
    $_86 (16).JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 726
Re:

Hi,
Did you finally sell this bike? I see you posted it some years ago, but don't see if was sold. I may be interested.
Thanks.

Re:

I still have one from way back, but it needs spares. Is v. Heavy but pretty indistructable. But mine got left out in the open air for too long...

I've got one also, built up with drop bars as a bad weather road bike. Unfortunately I bought mine as frame and forks so none of the other original parts

you are unlikely to find another easily as they were only made for 1 year I think but you might find Raleigh Peaks and Yukons had similar parts that you could use

Re: Re:

restorich":2yfp9m5u said:
Interested too if still for sale. 2nd in line...

The original seller hasn’t logged in to RetroBike since 2017 from his profile page info guys.

Back