Lord fowl's 1991 GT Zaskar

Just spotted your thread dude, so thought I'd have a read :)
The UN71 BB bit late for that? You may want the M730 BB.
What canti brakes did you end up with btw?

Also,..... Bit jealous your shine is better than mine :( ;)

Re:

This bike is nearly finished just need to apply a shark fin and get new decals for the stem.
The fork dropout adjuster screws are rusted into place and i only half heartedly tried to move them. They didn't budge and i left it at that didn't want to make the problem worse but would be interested to hear suggestions on how to make the fork work as it once did so long ago.
driveside

otherside

Frame: 1991 GT Zaskar

Fork: GT 2x4

Headset: XT 736 NOS
Stem: 140mm 15* Answer ATAC
Handlebar: Original GT 5* backsweep
Grips: Ritchey True Grips
Barends: n/a

Brakes: M734 Low Profile XT Front XT M733 Rear Ubrake
Brake Pads: Koolstop
Brake Cables: Mixed Shimano SLR and JagWire TAT
Cantilever cable hangers: Onza Chillpills black/yellow
Brake Levers: Ritchey Logic

Shifters: XT M732 7sp
Front Derailleur: 31.8 XT DP
Rear Derailleur: XT M730 7sp
Derailleur Cables: Mixed Shimano SIS and JagWire TAT
Cassette: Shimano HG90 13-31
Chain: NOS HG91
Cranks: XT M730
Crank Bolts: Suntour XC Pro GreaseGuard
Chainrings: XT M730
Chainring bolts: ???
Bottom Bracket: Suntour XC Pro GreaseGuard 125mm NOS
Pedals: XT M735

Hub Skewers: Deore XT
Rims: Ritchey Vantage Comp Hard Annodised
Hubs: Deore XT M730/732 Black
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Panaracer Smoke and Dart 2.1
Tubes: Bontrager

Saddle:1991 Flite

Seatpost: 26.8x330 Syncros
Seatpost Binder: Original GT

Weight:

Re:

Lovely, really lovely. With regards to the seized screws, how about submerging them in diesel, it's a very thin oil which penetrates well.

Re:

thanks Jax i may try that it would be good to get them moving again and the rest of the fork's inners could do with some sort of coating to prevent more rust.
Jimi really enjoying the photos of your recently finished fat chance and thatluscious :cool: green green brodie,well done

Re: Re:

Lord_fowl":2f5t9tyj said:
thanks Jax i may try that it would be good to get them moving again and the rest of the fork's inners could do with some sort of coating to prevent more rust.
Jimi really enjoying the photos of your recently finished fat chance and thatluscious :cool: green green brodie,well done

Thanks! Hopefully we'll get a good group together for a ride soon. The brodie will be easy to spot!

Re:

Hi Eric
Thanks for that, my next build is a frame set that i bought from you. It turned out really nice and its already built so i just need to add photos. the best part is it just cost me the price of the frame and parts i already had :cool:
cheers
LF

Back