Looking for opinions on a cycling related project (update)

Ziggie

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone! I'm new to this community and would like to introduce myself. Before you stop reading, NO, this is not a sales pitch. I'd simply like to hear your thoughts and opinions on a project my team and I have been working on. I have contacted a mod and he said it was ok to post this :)

My name is Ziga and I'm from Slovenia (EU). My friends and I are all cycling enthusiasts and we came up with the idea of recycling discarded inner bicycle tubes by using them to make bicycle bags. As my name suggests, we call it the Ziggie Bag. Design-wise, we went for the type of bag that attaches to the handlebars, so you have it right in front of you at all times. We also added a spot to attach your smart phone and added a powerbank which you can use to recharge your phone or other electronic devices. I don't want to get to technical at this point, since the pictures and video tell most of the story.

What I would kindly like to ask you for are some opinions on our product, our landing page and our video. I'd like to hear your thoughts - the good, the bad, the ugly, we want to hear it all! Any suggestions on how to make our project better would also be much appreciated and I will gladly answer any questions you might have.

With the video we went for the first-person narrative approach – Ziggie Bag tells it's story. The video was shot in Ljubljana (capital city of Slovenia).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFUY2IttcAo

We wanted the landing page to be very simple and explain everything in as few words as possible. The layout is straightforward and there's a newsletter application form at the bottom.
http://ziggiebag.weebly.com/
We also have a Facebook page and a Pinterest page if you want to check out photos of the prototypes. We will be uploading more ASAP.
https://www.facebook.com/Ziggie-Bag-712741505515955/
https://www.pinterest.com/ziggiebag/our-product/

We plan to launch a crowdfunding campaingn next month (that's the plan anyway, we'll see how that goes) with a fairly modest goal. On a personal note I'd like to add that as much as we are all cycling enthusiasts, we also share a passion for promoting the importance of recycling and that is just as important to us as the business side of the project. I guess that mentality comes from our upbringing since Slovenia is a small country and therefore has limited natural resources. Either way, we'd like to make our project as appealing as possible. Oh, and a fun fact: Ljubljana is the European Green Capital 2016! Yay for us!
I hope to hear back from as many of you as possible! Thank you in advance!

Ziga

Re: Looking for opinions on a cycling related project

I got halfway through your vid and its fantastic idea and hats off and best of luck and all that :D

A lot of work involved :cool: Very sore fingers i shouldnt imagine :LOL:

highlandsflyer":2ga5723c said:
I love it.

Thank you! :mrgreen:

dyna-ti":2ga5723c said:
I got halfway through your vid and its fantastic idea and hats off and best of luck and all that :D

A lot of work involved :cool: Very sore fingers i shouldnt imagine :LOL:

Please... don't remind me :facepalm:

Haha :D

Re:

Awesome idea - kool bag - video is a tad long, and a wee bit 'corny' (if its intended as an advertisement ... you'll lose people half way through, as its far too long). You should be able to get that product idea out to the market within a 15 second video. However, as a product/concept introduction/initial query and feedback effort ... top notch all the way!

Thumbs up from me ...

Re:

Thank you for your comment! We agree, the video is a tad long. It's not meant as an advertisment per se, more like a backstory, for people who like that sort of thing. But since it's our only video at the moment, it should be shorter, no doubt about that :) What would you say is an "acceptable" maximum length for a product introduction video?

Re: Re:

Ziggie":7sb6q6id said:
Thank you for your comment! We agree, the video is a tad long. It's not meant as an advertisment per se, more like a backstory, for people who like that sort of thing. But since it's our only video at the moment, it should be shorter, no doubt about that :) What would you say is an "acceptable" maximum length for a product introduction video?

I like the story-line and content, just too long ... cut in half perhaps, or close to that? I have no idea what the industry standard is, though - you might wanna check up on that ...

Great idea and good concept, can you use any inner tube like the light weight type as some come in different colours I have had pink and green ones and these would stand out even more.
Best of luck with the venture

genius, love it, want one. would be great to see what you could make with some old tyres ;)

i have some cool amberwalls you could play with........

Back