Look Fournales Shock_ need help

Or if you want to do a trade, I have data for a Syncros crank Stress Transfer Device that I need CNC milled in either 2024 or 7075 grade aluminum. I need two of those. It's a small part that can be milled 3-axis (fairly straight forward) but I don't know if you want to bother with it. (in that case your part would be free, we'll do an exchange). I can send you the data if you want to evaluate it for machining purposes.

Attachments

• CADshot.jpg
    CADshot.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 618
Re:

2024 is what we have in the shop ( HE 15 ) , 7075 T6 is a little harder for me to get hold of !!! I can look at the job , just me at the moment on the shop floor , what sort of size is the job , we use igs files if that helps , will look at the job don't hold your breath , i would rather pay for the parts now and not let you down .

That's why I said probably buying the parts would be easier for you than machining those plates. ( the size is fairly small; 3"x1.25"x0.5") 2024 grade aluminum would work very well. Send me your e-mail and I can e-mail you the igs file.

Re:

Hi Roy,
If you can run CNC, I have a model of the adapter which I made. Solidworks, but can be STEP/IGS etc:

It's been altered from the original Fournales one so that it is ISO2000 standard 4mm offset face and clearance for the rotor bolt heads at the bottom.

All the best,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 09.31.25.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 09.31.25.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 582
That's cool! I know I will have to deal with butchering one of the original disc adapters to run discs with my second fork.
I did this Post Mount adapter a while ago (when I didn't have any disc adapters). Made a plastic prototype to test it and it would work wonderfully with my Magura Martha PM disc calipers. In the meantime I obtained a couple of them original disc adapters and decided that it would be too expensive to try to machine this thing from scratch. Anyway here's some pics of the future that could have been...

Attachments

• PMadapter2.jpg
    PMadapter2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 567
Re:

Smart...would you be willing to swap the file?
I have a pair of MK2s without the disc fitting...post-mount would be good and I have a reasonably low cost source for sintered aluminium parts ;).

All the best,

Re:

Right you two , you both must have too much time on your hands !!!!!! , heres my e-mail address , send me your igs files of what you have regarding parts for the fork and drawings if you have any (pdf file ) , ( hope they are in Metric ? don't know how to covert English to metric )
can't promise any thing ( i don't want to get the sack )

royandmichelle@hotmail.com

All the best Roy ,

Latest posts

Back