letts play name THAT frame

Look familiar?

That canti bridge and those rack mounts look a LOT like those on my Scott. The dropouts don't look like it at all though, mine are more horizontal and hence much longer. I also have 2 eyelets on each side.

That being said, a quick image search on "Scott Pro Racing" shows what I think are the same dropouts as yours. The Pro Racing also has the cables over the top tube (I have the shifter cables along the downtube), but then again it doesn't have rack mounts on the seat stays. Either way, I'm thinking fairly high-end Scott.

Attachments

• Scott_canti_bridge.jpg
    Scott_canti_bridge.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 189
Raging_Bulls":3adfqix6 said:
Look familiar?

That canti bridge and those rack mounts look a LOT like those on my Scott. The dropouts don't look like it at all though, mine are more horizontal and hence much longer. I also have 2 eyelets on each side.

That being said, a quick image search on "Scott Pro Racing" shows what I think are the same dropouts as yours. The Pro Racing also has the cables over the top tube (I have the shifter cables along the downtube), but then again it doesn't have rack mounts on the seat stays. Either way, I'm thinking fairly high-end Scott.
You're wrong I'm affraid...
Scott You showed is much younger than this frame from the 1st post, build by Tange MTB tubes, which were quite popular then Details like cable hanger or dropouts were also quite popular and used to many frames built by Tange MTB tubes (fex same dropouts are in my Nishiki, even when it's estay ;)), so that details can not be the oracle ;)

Cable routing in mystery frame is diffrent to any Scott model - there were only two models in Scott history having rear mech and brake cable on the top tube, and front mech cable on the bottom Both had side routing on the top tube (not top routing like here) and different dropouts (frames were built by Infinity tubes, so higher class than MTB)
Both were available in '90 catalogue (Pro Racing and Pro) - so You can compare Yourself (catalogue scan is available in my website)

So, I can't say what it is, but I can say it's not a Scott :)

Back