Let's see those retro road bikes

It's not a road racer but it's retro.

My Puch Touring bike (1970ish maybe)

main.php

I think it is from the 70's as the sturmey is a 69 I think? But if anyone knows the date I'd be interessed to know, thanks.

:D :D

QuinnBack3Feb2009.jpg

QuinnBackFeb2009.jpg

Here's a couple of my old race bike pulled from the loft and about to do duty again... fed up pluggin mud. One of the last Quinns made, I bought about 96 (I think), frame no 01245

Bit of both... think it's black over marooney purple but has been done nicely (and I've avoided doing too much damage over the years). Glad you like :)

I recently bought this Koga Miyata and just finished a complete overhaul. I bought it from the first owner with a bit of a story. He bought the bike in 1979 or 1980 as a Gentsracer. After about 4 years orso, he noticed some rust on the frame. As the Koga assembly factory is in Holland, he drove there and explained the problem. This was in 1985. They agreed that it was a bit quick for such a relative expensive bike, but could not exchange the frame as the didn't have Gentsracer frame there. But they did offer to exchange it for a Pro-AM frame with the HM-2 fork. That's why it is now a very nice frame with relative low 600 group. The bike is very nice and mostly original, except for the 105 brakes and the Rolls saddle.
Pro-AM.jpg

Senri,

Bit pity and odd the previous owner got a kind of rust problem with his frame. The Miyata 7 step finishing is part of the reason why I am so lucky with sourcing mint Miyatas all the time.

I do have a (yes, mint) Pro Am too. The one year earlier model, from 1984. Mine is equipped with 600AX/New600. You probably know the Pro Racer was offered as frame only as semi-pro offering. It resorted under the FullPro frame, that was available as full bike also.

Btw in your signature I see you own a Rafty Funnel. Dito. It was actually my main rider for on road, when I wasn't into roadbikes yet.

468513970_6efcab47ea.jpg

Here is my 1997 Independent Fabrication Planet X. Not really a "Road" bike but I use it as my SS trainer.
It has White Industries Eno Hubs laced to NOS Mavic Open Pro Ano Red rims.
Rare Green Paul Neo-Retros.
Kooka Rasta Cranks.
Rasta Bar tape may be too much but it is there for now.
Red Chris King Headset.
Steel is Real!

Attachments

• IMG_0091_1.JPG
    IMG_0091_1.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 3,686
  • IMG_0093_1.JPG
    IMG_0093_1.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 3,686
  • IMG_0095_1.JPG
    IMG_0095_1.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 3,686
Bit pity and odd the previous owner got a kind of rust problem with his frame. The Miyata 7 step finishing is part of the reason why I am so lucky with sourcing mint Miyatas all the time.

I do have a (yes, mint) Pro Am too. The one year earlier model, from 1984. Mine is equipped with 600AX/New600. You probably know the Pro Racer was offered as frame only as semi-pro offering. It resorted under the FullPro frame, that was available as full bike also.

Btw in your signature I see you own a Rafty Funnel. Dito. It was actually my main rider for on road, when I wasn't into roadbikes yet.

Well, the corrosion problem does not seem to be completely uncommon. The origin is the (salted) sweet that falls on the top tube. The soldered braces for the brake cable on top of this tube is one of the weakest spots in the lacquer and corrosion will start there first. This bike bike even starts to show the first signs. I am now trying to collect the full Dura-ace AX group after I will have the frame resprayed.
The Rafty I bought some time ago. The previous owner did not know what bike it was as it was repainted matt black. The Spinergy Roks wheels were broke as well (which not?). I am now sourcing for time correct parts for it. The company that produced the bike does not excist as it did then, but the are still around and turn out to be almost around the corner from where I live! I spoke to them some days ago as they still make bicycle parts and they have agreed to respray the frame and get the original decals for it!

I am aware there were the cable rubs and sweet drops on the tt are the most vulnerable places on a frame. Why respraying your frame? 1st it won't be authentic than anymore. 2nd the paint you get will be new, but do not expect something similar durable in quality. Touch up of spots no option? 3rd with a bit luck and patience a mint complete Pro-Am (level) example can be sourced on a famous Dutch classified site for a fraction of the cost of a repaint. My Pro-Am was minus X euros... yes, minus. Got two bikes for 55, swapped the brakes of the 2nd for Deltas and sold the remaining for where I got the two for.

Have a few more Koga-Miyata racers of that era btw:
1980 GentsLuxe-S
1980 FullPro-L
1980 FullPro
1981 FullPro-L
1981 ProRacer
1982 FullPro
1984 Pro-Am

No, FullPro-A yet.

Didn't get all with a sub zero price tag though ;)

Rafty is was true Dutch Cult. Please post it when done.

Pic of the '81 ProRacer --->

347053035_e1a09fbd97_b.jpg

Back