Let's see some Dekerfs..

lfergs1":jxggk7t1 said:
When I was deciding on a frame, I really wanted to improve my descending ability. I leaned towards a FS.

But I also didn't want to be a slow climber and have difficulty accelerating.

I didn't want a ton of maintenance either.

Based on what I knew of the geometry and the testimonials I read, I am hoping the Implant lets me ride fast both up and down.

Methinks you won't be disappointed :D

Just finished this today.

DSC_0063_zps7eed93aa.jpg

MynameisCasper":3b3fvdf9 said:
You're getting quite a stable! How do you like the Implant?

I am indeed.

The Implant looks nice, but other than a quick whizz around the block on flat tyres (note to self, check tyres :oops: ), I haven't had the chance to ride it yet.

I'll report back as soon as I have.

First full ride:

The bike climbs as well as my Generation - which says a lot!

The fact that it's just 24lbs. helps but the forward riding position created by the geometry pulls you up the hill very fast. Unfortunately I don't have the endurance to keep up with how quick it climbs.

Going down however, is very different than my Generation. Today I chose a trail that I recently rode on my Generation, that way I could compare the two easily.

The combination of a slacker head angle and ability to fit a fork with 150mm of travel is a big difference on the Implant

On the generation I found I was really pin-balled around and could not handle the increasing speed of a technical descent. I would really have to choose my line carefully and felt the occasional shame of having to walk down some sections. Grrr!

On the Implant I have to be less careful of the line I choose because the bike and fork swallow up the big bumps.

Cornering, the bike is very flicky and whips around tight sections quickly. The short stem decreases my turning radius. When things become too tight and I have to slow right down, the acceleration is very impressive to catch back up.

Overall I am excited after just two rides - this bikes excels in every category. Not a claim many bikes can make.

The one knock on the frame is the paint's durability. Gorgeous paint job and colour but I already have one noticeable nick and another noticeable scratch on the chain stay and seat stay.

Can anybody recommend a product for protecting the paint?

Back