Dekerf Team SL build and Q’s

nice build , and impressive sedimentary geology … almost looks like one of the NASA Mars Rovers will roll by collecting samples😎 Look s epic terrain for gravel / offroad riding on such a special bike.
Fellas gravel biking on Mars and we are all having a ball about a DeKerf

That bike was made around 2.5in susp forks and it rides great w/ those forks. Why bother adding rigid forks at stratospheric costs or something way less quality than the frame? You want a rigid frame then buy something from late 80s otherwise embrace marzochi bombers.

I agree like... 60%. Marz. stuff is ok though i prefer a fully rigid bike w/ big tires. It´s just that susp corrected rigid forks look stupid.
I won't disagree with you that there's decentish retro suspension that was years beyond the rest, that said as a heavy rider I find them all deeply inadequate. I don't use suspension these days though. I think some sus corrected forks look alright. I guess its eye of the beholder, but from a perspective of low maintenance and performance, I'd take a nice steel fork over a vintage sus fork anyway. Personally.

I think the build by Gal is gorgeous, but I'd probably not have used that fork, I gather it may be cheap shite.

Back