Let's see some Dekerfs..

Re:

Casper, that is terrible news and makes me ashamed to be British.

Will obviously look out for your bike. What car was it and are you OK to get home (which is the immediate concern..)

Thanks. It was trip from hell...

Once I arrived in the harbour of Newcastle I received an app from my dad telling me my mom fell out of bed and she was hospitalized and she was going downhill pretty fast. But they wanted me to finish the trip I already cancelled once due to her health and I was looking forward to smuch.
The next day, minutes before actually starting the trip I called my GF and she told me how my mother was doing and I decided to take the first flight back home.

So my mates are still there with my car (a 2017 BMW 320i touring) and I am back home in the Netherlands.

Not a good week as yesterday was the first time my mother (61yo) didn't recognize me....

Re:

That's terrible new mate and I hope the news with your mum gets better.

If the car is a problem (I don't know when you plan to return for it) could you arrange for it to be stored securely at one of Newcastles BMW dealers. I'm sure they'd look to help given the run of bad luck you've had whilst over here... it is brand new!

As for the bike I fear the worst... often in these cases the bits are stripped and sold separately and the frame discarded. Hard to hear I know - but it is just so distinctive...

If I can do anything, let me know mate..

Thats terrible news. Worth a post on the Ebay or Chat forum asking peeps to look out for it? Im sure everyone on this thread will be taking a close look at any Implants that show up on our searches over the next few months.

If its any consolation - I helped find (ok accidentally bought) a stolen Dekerf after more than a year and re-unite it with its original owner so keep looking no matter how long it takes - the Retrobike Mafia are with you!

Re:

Well, just acquired my dream bike yesterday:

DeKerf Elysium Ti.
Serial # DEK 2022
19.5"
Custom gusset so frame can take a 100mm fork
22mm chain stay disc brake mount

Going to go a bit modern on it.
I have an XT 1 X 11 drivetrain, so trying to find some RF Deus/Turbines to attach my narrow wide ring to.
Came with a silver King headset, but I had a RF in the same colour as the stays bridge, and me thinks it looks pretty sharp :)

VERY HAPPY!!

DeKerf%20Ti.jpg

First year (1993) DeKerf Mountain, recently repainted by the man himself. It had been powder coated black with era-incorrect decals, which I could not tolerate (thanks ocd) ;). Thanks to Gil for help reproducing the decals, which were no longer available. And to Raidan for the DeKerf chainrings! Teamwork makes the dreamwork lol.

20211023_135749.jpg 20211023_135843.jpg 20211023_135856.jpg 20211023_140201.jpg 20211023_135630.jpg

I had 2 forks painted to match, this tb P2, and a rebuilt Manitou. Hence the Fork mounted cable hanger, so I can swap back and forth without having to redo the brake cable/housing. I'm loving the bike overall, and am still considering going with a Race Face stem and cranks. I'd love a Dekerf titanium 'bullmoose' setup, but not holding my breath...

Last edited:
Back