Let's see some Bontys

Bikeshopowner":148ubnmv said:
Hi John
As far as I remember, we sold this originally (From New) as a Race Lite with Full XT (old school), We are a Trek dealer and were also a Bontrager dealer Both Trek owned and Pre-Trek owned, it was quite a while ago, and a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then, can't remember whether is is Trek owned or Pre-Trek. I will contact a few people in the know at Trek UK and will let you know. One thing i can tell you is that it was resprayed by dave Yates, and may have had a seized seatpost removed at the same time, not 100% certain on that as we have another customer with an indentical one, who had a similar Problem / respray. Will keep you informed
Mart.

Martyn,

thanks for the further info on the frame. As mentioned elsewhere in the thread the seatclamp is not the standard issue Bonty item which would be consistent with a repair. The frame is definitely a Santa Cruz built frame which is the main thing. It is quite a late frame so it may or may not have been built before the Trek takeover. As for race vs race-lite I'm pretty sure it's a race since it lacks the machined headtube of the race lite. Anyhow if you come upon any further info let me know.

John

Red Race Lite

bonty002.jpg

Back