learner driver - test in 3 weeks any tips?

You'll be alright your a bloke they always seam less worried when they drive alone for the first time.

I passed, went off and bought a car, a 2CV, and I was sooo tense just going to the village or town I had terrible pains in my legs, nightmare :roll: My hubby and later my son, no fear at all about driving alone for the first time anywhere, I so wanted that kind of confidence, 20 years later I've lost it again :( total wuss if it's not local and familiar.

Alison

im in absolute agony at the mo but gonna try do a local run at 3 and get my brother from school. ive driven alone a few times now but first time I did, decided to pop into asda and look at satnavs, reversed straight into a lamppost in the car park. nice big dent in the back of the car now.
ive gone long distance before but that was on L plates and in a bigger car. this micra can get annoying sometimes but ill get used to it I supose

raleighrider21":1ak2jbod said:
drove the micra for the first time this morning. unstable isn't the word. granddad agrees it needs to be lowered a little. not too much though

What sort of mileage is on it? I hired a 1.0l one back in 95 for a trip to the North from Manchester, and we had a photographer from Denmark with us who wanted to catch sunset over Loch Lomond so it was pedal to the metal all the way! It was actually pretty nippy and stable, even with three full grown adults and loads of music gear and such.

Perhaps it just needs a shocker or springs to firm it up. Nice little car.

highlandsflyer":5hdt9cmk said:
raleighrider21":5hdt9cmk said:
drove the micra for the first time this morning. unstable isn't the word. granddad agrees it needs to be lowered a little. not too much though

What sort of mileage is on it? I hired a 1.0l one back in 95 for a trip to the North from Manchester, and we had a photographer from Denmark with us who wanted to catch sunset over Loch Lomond so it was pedal to the metal all the way! It was actually pretty nippy and stable, even with three full grown adults and loads of music gear and such.

Perhaps it just needs a shocker or springs to firm it up. Nice little car.

its now got 96,540 but runs sweet as a nut, not long ago did the pads all round on it and put new fluid in and didn't notice anything up with suspension when I was doing that but probably old and worn now, going to wait for a bit of money to come in then insurance to go out to see if I have enough to get the bits to do suspension all round, if I can get some ill get adjustable shocks etc then get it on the lift at college and get it all done. just doesn't feel right going around corners at all, granddad reckons it wants dropping 40ml all round.

it carries me and occasionally it will carry my small tool box but that's about it, at a push well shove the gf and the gfs nephew in the back and pram in the boot but its never going to carry a massive load, mostly just going to get used for running to the shops, occasionally school run and getting to and from college when its pissing it down/when I can ride again.

ill get it up on the lift at college when I can, probably best to get all the parts in one go and just do them anyway, should only be a days work if I get a few of us on the car.

could probably do with a good clean before I do anything tbh, have neglected it, dirty isn't the word :facepalm:
found a set of alloys I like :facepalm:

Back