Chronic Fatigue - Taking bets!

Thanks Greencat.

The collectomy was due to ulcerative colitis as a teenager - lots of steroids and other nasty drugs for years. It's an autoimmune disease, as is diabetes, so I'm almost not surprised!

Sorry to hear this MTS - you are right -T1 is autoimmune and can occur at any time of life. It sounds like your doctor(s) are on to it which is a relief. Hope everything works out and you are getting the support you need.

Hope the doctors get your treatment plan sorted quickly & you can make the adjustments & get your monitoring routine down as smoothly as possible. As Greencat says managed properly Type 1 shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks Greencat.

The collectomy was due to ulcerative colitis as a teenager - lots of steroids and other nasty drugs for years. It's an autoimmune disease, as is diabetes, so I'm almost not surprised!

Yes, autoimmune conditions run in my family, even on the male side, long ways back. Seems to be a trade off for longevity for those that survive them - even the very heavy smokers made it into their 80s, some their 90s. My autoimmune "gift" was a relatively mild dose of Crohn's Disease - but fit otherwise.

Thanks all. Picked up a bunch of insulin & monitors etc this morning.

Greencat, you have my sympathy - Crohn's is an awful condition, and totally invisible to the world too.

Back