Lack of inspiration – build help required……Hei Hei

Just need to find me some pace forks with a loooong steerer and v mounts.

Have started on the XTR hunt already.

Today is going well now :LOL:

More suggestions please :D

Like this,but with the much sexier frame would be how id do it,lol :p ;)

DSC00013.jpg

Andy - As ever that is a stunning build and a practical one at that.

I think I prefer a steel or ti (budget allowing) fork as carbon is work of the devil! :LOL:

Hadn't thought about maguras - are they light?

Ooh excited now!

I would go the light, xc racer route, as it was designed for, or single speed if that's your cup of tea. They make great SS'ers, and it will be very light and nimble. As for dry weather riding, not necessary as it's ti. If you try SS then even better for muddy weather, as there's less to get clogged with mud, easy to clean, and it won't rust or tarnish.

I went down the light XC route with a similar type of frame and it works a treat
About 22lbs all in and a good combination of light, but solid kit (I know old/modern isn't everyones choice) but i'm more than happy with the resultant ride and look

img_0702_medium_150.jpg

That's a nice Merlin and quite a simlar build to mine

I own a 93 Hei Hei and have done the same speccing it up with modern parts (got to be XTR though), runs a Duke fork which makes the head angle a tad slack but TBH love the way it rides.

Up to you really but I love the way mine looks, the XTR complements the frame so well but I'm sure a 'proper' replica would be as good.

Post some pics of the finished build :D

Back