Kona Kula 1996 - rest in pieces - KARMA DRAW IS UP!

Re: Kona Kula 1996 - the last b*stard

al-onestare":lmzzr0jv said:
Have a wild guess what brand I'll be buying :LOL:
You mentioned another Road Bike (model name withheld for this forum ;) ) in your last e-mail to me, so could that bike become your daily commuter?

..... And will you use your 1994 Kapu for now until the replacement has arrived?

..... Or would you prefer to use a 1997 Kapu, if you manage to track one down :cool: .

Pip

p.s.
R.I.P. 1996 Kula.... or rather R.H.O.T.W. (rest hanging on the wall) of your garage-cum-man cave.
Oh, and another little snippet of a Prince video..... obviously.

Re: Kona Kula 1996 - rest in pieces <sadface>

yeti_bomb":81aw97p4 said:
Any sad pictures?

Not sad, more melancholy. I'll strip it this weekend, clean it up, then find a spot to mount it in the garage. She deserves pride and place there.

On the flip-side, I pulled the trigger and purchased my first new (old) bike since 1995 :eek:

esatto_d.jpg

<runs off and hides in the road section>

;)

I am collecting parts for the Hot so don't worry, I haven't gone full lycra ;)

Re: Kona Kula 1996 - rest in pieces &lt;sadface&gt;

With some wedding on the TV tomorrow, it means I'll be able to tinker and clean up the stable for a few hours :LOL: I'll take a few pictures of the Kula after I've stripped and cleaned it so you can see how close I came to having a few tubes stick out my backside.

In the meantime, and yes, it's the wrong bike and very much the wrong era, the replacement is up and running (and an absolute joy to ride) :mrgreen:

Kj4Okm.jpg

V6c99D.jpg

Back