Kona Faux-splosif - project cancelled

Re: Kona Faux-splosif - new donor bike here...

scottproonly":de1vmnhc said:
hamster":de1vmnhc said:
I did a similar thing (black paint) for an almost identical but scruffier white Lava Dome. Beware that stock decals from Gil are clear around the 'Lava Dome' writing and need to be printed onto a white background.
Can you explain why clear cant go onto black please.
Thanks

No problem at all other than the lettering is illegible!

Re: Re:

Splatter Paint":1n1k9i74 said:
I raced the Kilauea at the weekend with Mike Muz - what a bike! Very light, handles beautifully and fits me like a glove. In fact I love it so much I've sold the Lava-donor and put my 1989 Explosif up for sale - yes, it is that good! I'll wait for a 1990 Explosif, but in the mean time I have something very cool to ride.

SP

;)

Bikes are always faster when you only have 1 1/2 brakes ! :LOL:
It does look sweet though. May look for one myself. A Kilauea that is. Probably 20"

Mike

Re:

I think I must be being dense about how decals work.could someone explain them to me please as I just bought some red ones to go on a black fork.could I have bought the wrong ones?
Thanks
Kes

Kes, I don't think your being thick, I don't understand either...

Lettering should have a coloured or white fill, should be fine on a Black frame, do you have a photo and I'll sort suitable replacements

Re:

I haven't put them on yet.its a black marzocchi am fork and the decals say bomber on them as well as the marzocchi "M" in red
What is it you want a photo of?
Thanks
Kes

Re:

Jeez, just read this thread from start ... Lost track two thirds in :s
Is that Kilauea the one that was going dirt cheap on eBay wit a stuck seat post ? I was having a sniff but it got pulled !!?

Re:

Yep, started off lusting after an Explosif, thought about a Kilauea, bought a Cinder Cone, didn't like it, bought a Lava Dome, had no love for it, bought a Kilauea! Decided I liked the Kila better than my existing Explosif so put that up for sale :facepalm:

Yes, stuck seat post one, it wasn't actually stuck he just hadn't made any effort to shift it!

SP

Back