Kona Faux-splosif - project cancelled

Re:

I thought it was you, but unsure I will ask jeff if he would sell his for u, he might be ready to part with it, how tall are u?

Re:

5' 10". I have had the 18" 1990 bikes but now know the 19" is a better fit. I rode my 1990 Cinder Cone for 10 hours at Mayhem before stopping for food and had no real aches when off the bike. I might got for a later donor so I can use some suspension, the Cinder Cone was awful with Pace RC35 fitted.

Re:

Just won a ~1994 Kona as a test to see if I like the geometry compared to the older ones. It'll give me a chance to see visually what the frames are like side-by side. Fingers crossed the seat post isn't stuck! I did ask the seller but didn't get a reply. Good job it was cheap...,

Re:

eBay dog => blank canvas

Attachments

• 1994_Cinder_2.jpg
    1994_Cinder_2.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 482
  • 1994_Cinder_1.jpg
    1994_Cinder_1.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 482
  • Kona_Minger.jpg
    Kona_Minger.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 482
Re:

Lava dome/Cinder cone was a fantastic riding frame,,Thats what I could afford back in 92..learned my chops on the North shore...same geometry as the Explosif/Hot.
Build it,paint it ,love it...But I honestly, Don't put a Explosif sticker on it.

Re: Kona Faux-splosif

I've been reading this thread trying to make up my mind and i think you should hang on and wait for a real 90 explosif to come up,it's worth the wait mate :) I wouldn't care but i sold my other explosif frame a while back but can't think if it was sold on eBay or on here :facepalm: :LOL:

Not sure if you've got a 89 splatter cindercone in your collection but if you fancy a swap for that cindercone i've got one spare doing nowt. I've been building a 93 lavadome and a 93 Kilauea and have developed a bug for the that era of konas :facepalm:

Re:

It rides beautifully, but as Fluffy Chicken said, it is too far departed from my 1990 bikes to be what I want so it'll probably go quite soon while the quest for a 1990 Explosif continues....

Attachments

• Finished_D2.JPG
    Finished_D2.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 407
  • Finished_D.JPG
    Finished_D.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 407

Latest posts

Back