Kona Explosif 1997 team edition

In my view Judys (I can't talk about SIDs) are nothing compared to RC36s or Z1/2s.

Between RC36s and Z1/2s, it's really down to riding style and purpose. Pace are lighter but not quite as functionally capable as Marzocchi's which are heavier but bomb-proof, a doddle to service and miles ahead functionally.

Re:

Thanks for that.

Might try a set of Z’s then on my Sunn.

Look forward to seeing your green ones fitted :D

the greener Bomber is a perfect match to the frame and also comes closer the pro's bike look :cool:

heavy they are indeed, but man, they work really well, compared to Judys and SID's

Re: Re:

al-onestare":o2oh0jk3 said:
The early bird catches the worm...or something like that. Heading to the garage, these are as close a colour match to the factory team's Z2s back in 1996/7/8. They'll need reconditioning but that's fine.

What do you think? Either way it'll be nice to try them out.

yQj1xn.jpg

Z1K1vZ.jpg

vvy7yW.jpg

I got a funny email from Mark this morning. Check this out:

OK your fork officially goes in the record book as one of my top 5 dirtiest , neglected and overdue for a service fork that I’ve run across. The oil was so thick it was like tree sap it took days to drain thank God it’s been hot out here. I just bought an ultrasonic parts cleaner and I’m sure glad I did because I was ready to throw away most of your parts. This had the original blue oil seals in from 1997 or 1998. The fork has never been serviced. Good news is I was able to get everything clean after a couple hours. Little bad news one of your stanchions the gold anodizing has completely worn.

JpHOb9.jpg

RWTkf6.jpg

ghv7Yz.jpg

uFYyiC.jpg

The good news is he can replace the stanchion. I also need to make a decision on the decals. They're tired for sure but I'm in two minds if I should just keep them.

O4OoUf.jpg

Re: Kona Explosif 1997 team edition - new forks

Unless they are totally battered i would leave them. The frame has patina so the forks will look more in keeping.

Re: Kona Explosif 1997 team edition - new forks

:D You guys know me too well - indeed, I'm sticking with the originals.

The colour of that oil is quite incredible!

Back