Kona Explosif 1997 team edition

Re:

Replacement Crossmax's fitted so we're back to smooth runnings. Just one shot from last Saturday's blast - this one is defo coming to Mayhem - we just click :cool:

t7wCu3.jpg

7LRUIU.jpg

Re:

‘We just click!’

No that’s your knees. It’s age. Mine do the same :D

Top work on the build and you look very pleased with it. Bet it turns a few heads!

Andy

Re:

I took the Hot and this to Mayhem, intending to ride both. Sadly for the Hot, I couldn't stop riding this. It was spot on - totally faultless and absolutely capable across the course. For sure it doesn't have the rolling/plough through capabilities a modern 29er has, and it will lose out time on stretches like WD40 Buttery Smooth. But it absolutely rinses everyone on the climbs unless it's a pro/semi-pro. Not one modern bike could keep up with it (me) and even on the flatter, slightly smoother sections, it keeps up well thanks to a greater (better) gearing span.

Basically - once again - she was an absolute pleasure to ride. I'm off to FOD in 2 weeks and I'm only taking the Hot so I can properly compare and contrast. I think Ryder needs a well deserved rest.

UjYns8.jpg

1KvCcl.jpg

:LOL: :facepalm:

Great pic al. Sounds like you and the bike are a great team :)

Re:

The early bird catches the worm...or something like that. Heading to the garage, these are as close a colour match to the factory team's Z2s back in 1996/7/8. They'll need reconditioning but that's fine.

What do you think? Either way it'll be nice to try them out.

yQj1xn.jpg

Z1K1vZ.jpg

vvy7yW.jpg

:cool: have you had them up against the frame yet to see if they match? hope so, they will look great on the bike.

Re:

I only paid for them a few hours ago dude :LOL: ;)

Plans are a good de-grease and clean, then, I hope, a journey to the west coast for a full strip down and rebuild from Mark - the only guy I trust with my forks. We'll see if we can replace some of the busted decals but most importantly we'll get them set-up just the way I like them.

Re:

Those darker ones will defo suit the look of the bike better IMO although there is nothing wrong with the lighter ones.

What do these forks ride like in comparison to RC36 or Judys/SIDS as
I’m thinking of sticking some forks on my rigid Sunn Xircuit.

Cheers
Andy

Latest posts

Back