Kona Explosif 1997 - "look, a golden bike!"

Re:

It's on it's way so a new thread will be needed which begs the question. Which sub forum should I start it in? I'm thinking here but it's right on the tale end.

Keep it here mate :)

Is this the same one we were discussing on FB a couple weeks ago?

Another teaser...it's in the UK ready to go through customs. It's going to be a race if I can get it in time to have it ready for MM.

XnTtOK.jpg

OMG man! Where do you find these things!? Lovely! Cannot wait to see what you will do with it!

al-onestare":24yr7d4r said:
Another teaser...it's in the UK ready to go through customs. It's going to be a race if I can get it in time to have it ready for MM.

XnTtOK.jpg

In actual fact, it wasn't in the UK.

It is now and now it really is with customs. It's really teasing me this frame!

lJ21wr.jpg

Those dropouts really look like a '97 Explosif. Is it one of those team frames that got painted up in the green with the yellow flames?

ETA:
That down tube really looks like Columbus Max. It's an Explosif, isn't it?

Adam_S":s5a96cqu said:
Those dropouts really look like a '97 Explosif. Is it one of those team frames that got painted up in the green with the yellow flames?

ETA:
That down tube really looks like Columbus Max. It's an Explosif, isn't it?

Yep as guessed by a few folks earlier ;)

Dammit, should have read the previous page :)

Weirdly, I've just had a quote from Argos to get an old 1996 Explosif resprayed in that exact scheme.

With the shipping to and from Aus I think I need to see if they'll accept small children in some kind of swap deal. I'm so getting it done though :)

Latest posts

Back