Kona Explosif 1997 - "look, a golden bike!"

Re: Re:

MatBH5":37wn1hm9 said:
Added to a thread on a 97 Explosif, so... is it a 97 Explosif with some kind of respray custom / team colour link?

See, Mat knows ;-) A bit of logic goes a long way :)

Re:

Wow cool find mate.

One thing in that link the kona downtime decal looks horrible where it is :(

Re:

Yeah it's interesting the flames are much larger than those you see on the Hot for example. However, I'll live with it!! An ex team frame is super cool in my book.

The full story is to come but for now let's hope it makes it over here without any issues.

Massive thanks to H1v9a8c8 for scoring it and extra thanks to Pip for making the connection :)

Brilliant, I'm really looking forward to seeing it! The flame work on Hots, The ti frames and the team frame I linked all seem different which is weird but they are custom so that might well be the signature of different painters. Fingers crossed it enjoys a safe journey and that you're able to find out some information about it when it arrives.

Re:

I didn't mean it's uncool find etc, just that the kona decal don't look right.

Is it I good condition before shipping?

markwashington":rrjjxjtu said:
Brilliant, I'm really looking forward to seeing it! The flame work on Hots, The ti frames and the team frame I linked all seem different which is weird but they are custom so that might well be the signature of different painters. Fingers crossed it enjoys a safe journey and that you're able to find out some information about it when it arrives.

I reckon we can guess fairly accurately that the variances are down to two different paintworks: velographics and enigma. But more on that later...

Back