Kona Caldera 1997

Re: Re:

al-onestare":2kzz3ch1 said:
Kona Cog feature: http://cog.konaworld.com/alasdiars-retr ... a-caldera/

Very curious to see what the reaction is to it...

I love this one; just the whole story behind it and the fact that it was ultimately a flop, not because it was a poor frame, but only due to the progression of the sport. That's the kind of outcome that gives us these unicorns to get excited about.

Re:

Cheers dude, totally agree. I love the comment about reissuing some of these frames...given the story on this one!

al-onestare":3joroaaq said:
Cheers dude, totally agree. I love the comment about reissuing some of these frames...given the story on this one!

I don't see that comment. Am I missing something Al?

Re:

On Instagram:

You should really think about doing a classic line and resissue some of the old steel models. Frames at least.

al-onestare":s6pkkkbd said:
On Instagram:

You should really think about doing a classic line and resissue some of the old steel models. Frames at least.

Ah gotcha! I hoped that Kona would do a 30th anniversary Explosif similar to what Specialized did with the Stumpy

Re:

Well, well, well. Thanks in part to the feature, another one has come forward. No SN yet but I'm in touch with the owner. An 18" and frame-wise, in extremely good condition.

N8V21S.jpg

lPqhsN.jpg

W89Rm3.jpg

lGsSml.jpg

jBHElF.jpg

kinL5J.jpg

Re:

Friday means different bike day and in this case a long overdue ride on the Caldera. I've had a lot of dial-in challenges because she's 20” and I ride 19” so I was determined today to spend time getting her spot on.

Mission accomplished. In the nicest possible way, she's an eco-friendly diesel compared to her stablemates. Dependable, solid in the corners and a tank on decents.

o2LZ5Y.jpg

Back