Skeeter 1 's 1993 Kona Cindercone build thread.

Skeeter1

Kona Fan
This time 30 years ago I was still drooling over the new "93" Kona catalogue which at the time I picked up from my local bike shop. Those days you had no access to online images,it was just the catalogue to look at!

At that time I was cruzing around on my "1990" MuddyFox Pathfinder and was always at my Sunday club rides even though the bike weighed a ton,I still made it.

The summer of "92" I worked every day I possibly could getting paid about £15 a day! Christmas came and all I wanted from my family & friends was Money towards my dream bike....ooooh that colour scheme...silver to a stunning dark green fade. Every Sunday it was in the shop... The bike,the race kits,caps, T shirts

A few months later I had the MONEY, Thanks to the sale of my well oversized (You'll grow into it son) Pathfinder.

Exactly 30 years on I have found one in near pristine condition,I'm hoping to revive the decals or use correct match on the ones that are damaged.

Now it's time to build a very nostalgic bike,one that is true to me and what components I had on it up to the day it got stolen from beside my parents house back in "99"
I'll be adding some(not all) lovely NOS components I have bought already....all period correct 🙂 PXL_20230325_102843860~2.jpg PXL_20230218_113155503.jpg

I’m looking forward to your build and looks like you have a good frame to start with. Nice bit of XR2 nostalgia in there too 👍
Thanks so much for the kind words...
I'm hoping to get my teeth into things real soon once the Easter holidays are behind us.
Yes that was my uncles Xr2...I loved it ha ha.
My Dad had that BIG Mazda 929L which to be fair id love now!!

Ahh I wondered what that was, I was thinking Toyota Crown…
Thanks so much for the kind words...
I'm hoping to get my teeth into things real soon once the Easter holidays are behind us.
Yes that was my uncles Xr2...I loved it ha ha.
My Dad had that BIG Mazda 929L which to be fair id love now!!

I’m looking forward to your build and looks like you have a good frame to start with. Nice bit of XR2 nostalgia in there too 👍
Thanks so much for the kind words....just a bit going on at the moment with little ones birthdays and esster
Not sure I'd be eager to remove/replace 30 year old decals, btdt and didn't find it very refreshing in any sense. I think that frame looks great, paint is in great shape. Look at those chainstays! Great find, can't wait to see the build
Thank you for your thoughts...I had thought about a full restore to get it back to factory spec,but now have decided to keep it as it's original condition. As if this was my bike it would be in this used but very well kept condition.
I will however add components I had upgraded to back in the day..to make it truly mine once again
🤘

Back