Kestrel CSX sub 20lb build

Disco Drive":3emwkexk said:
Like pissing on ones chips, raining on a parade.... you know?

:facepalm: Im lost to how you made that assumption, when the Mag review demonstrates it is possible, with a Kestrel and was done back in the day and on display at a bike show on scales. :?

How is that pissing on the OPs parade, i would think if offers nothing but enthusiasm and encouragement for the project..

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3800 (2).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3800 (2).jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 408
Disco Drive":1hn10f1s said:
I thought the same.... though it also stole his thunder somewhat

I dont see why it would steal anyones thunder, people have been chasing the sub 20lb barrier for a mountain bike for nearly 30 years. :LOL: its nothing new, but it is possible...!

An what better way to contribute to a thread, than post a relevant retro extract from a retro magazine of the bikes time...? , and with one that is on topic for the actual thread with the right bike. ;)

No parade or thunder to steal, I’m not worried. I know that it’s possible, I also know that Jimi911 did a thorough build of a CSX and didn’t quite get sub 20lb. He knows what he’s doing so it’s obviously not that easy. Either way it’ll be a fun build with some nice kit coming.

Tomianson":xsjf7b2r said:
No parade or thunder to steal, I’m not worried. I know that it’s possible, I also know that Jimi911 dud a thorough build of a CSX and didn’t quite get sub 20lb. He knows what he’s doing so it’s obviously not that easy. Either way it’ll be a fun build with some nice kit coming.

And if your other builds are anything to go by, it will be no less than exceptional...!

sinnerman":1pnrujbn said:
Tomianson":1pnrujbn said:
No parade or thunder to steal, I’m not worried. I know that it’s possible, I also know that Jimi911 dud a thorough build of a CSX and didn’t quite get sub 20lb. He knows what he’s doing so it’s obviously not that easy. Either way it’ll be a fun build with some nice kit coming.

And if your other builds are anything to go by, it will be no less than exceptional...!

Thanks, that’s really kind. I just like the process of putting together interesting bikes.

Back