kelloggs pro tour

Chute55uk":2ekugin2 said:
Nice to see it rolling what size bb did you use axle and cups?

Shimano UN55 cartridge Bottom Bracket square taper 68 x 113mm axle length, quite a narrow axle to get the chain line to run the triple chain wheel and swing on the front mech. I used the original Sach Huret front mech as it worked much better than a modern Deore mech believe it or not!!

I'm quite pleased with the overall result on how I built the bike with a bit of a modern twist, and actually rides really nice considering its age, the ride position is going to take a bit of getting used to after so many years riding an mtb, these old racers seem to a certain charm!

Attachments

• UN55.jpg
    UN55.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 299
well took it out for a 40 mile spin today, loved it.

Attachments

• 2014-05-16 15.37.52.jpg
    2014-05-16 15.37.52.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 284
Nice. I took mine for a spin on its maiden voyage on this years tour de france route on the "mountain stage" at holme moss 1719ft above sea level. Will post pics at weekend when I get home. There was even a guy on the summit who worked for kelloggs and asked to take a picture of my bike and summit sign of the climb to show them at kelloggs. Bike rode great handlebars are a bit narrow for me other than that it was brilliant.

Sounds like your having the same bar trouble as me mine are 38cm I really need 42 other than that it was a great ride guy at the lbs wants me to take it to his shop next Wednesday as he has all the original posters and wants some pics of them both together

Re:

I've been riding my kelloggs around the isle of wight this week, its behaved impeccably except for a rear puncture after the first half mile :( (first puncture its had in 2 years, it picks its moments!)

The isle of wight is great for cycling, except the motorists are the least courteous of anywhere i've been in britain (whether your driving or cycling!). Theres alot of pot holes and you need good brakes for the downhill bits, and its easy to set off the speedcams if you're into that sort of thing lol!

I just ordered some 42cm Raleigh RSP bars and a 110mm reach stem. Can you get some pics of the posters please as I would like to see them. I will contact Raleigh to see if there isan archive material on these bikes they could let us have copies of.

Yea that would be great as soon as I have the pics I will post them up also pm me your email and I will email them to you in a higher res can you link me the bars and stem you ordered please

Back