kelloggs pro tour

Re:

I was out last week riding back from Bakewell, and coming towards me was a pair of Gold levers and thought it's got to be a record sprint, and it was and in mighty fine condition, I was running a bit late so didn't have time to stop and talk to the guy, nice to see an old Raleigh out on the road

Been playing around with the Kellogg's again, I've now gone 3x10 speed, 105 dual control levers, 105 chain, and Sram PG1050 11/32 cassette, the 10 speed cassette is near as dammit the same stack height the 8 speed cassette which I previously fitted. Rides brilliant!!

Chute55uk":kjoohxxw said:
Mine may be going up for sale

How come :cry: ? Just out of interest how much if you did sell?
Did you ever the the photo's sorted?

I did bite the bullet and bought a cheap modern road bike from Halfrauds ready for the winter I converted that to 30 speed and liked having the extra gears, so I then decided to 30 speed the KPT, to be honest the KPT rides the best, faster av.speed and is a good kilo lighter than the modern bike. I doubt that I will ever sell my Raleigh as it rides so well with the modern kit on it. I sort of miss it in it's original form but I know I wouldn't/couldn't ride it, purists will hate what I did but for me it was the right way to go and an old Raleigh is back on the road which otherwise would have ended up as scrap as it was in a sad state when I got it.

I've put it on Gumtree for 125. I bought a 23.5 record sprint and since riding it I have to face up to the face that the kelloggs is too small for me. I love the bike but it's no good if it's just languishing in a shed

Well, the Kellogg's pro tour has had another make over, sporting some Shimano RS31 wheels. Also on modern 3x10 105 brake/shiffters, Sram PG1070 10sp cassette. I love riding her, she's a real beaut' to ride as well, although I only ride it on dry days now as I've now got 2nd road bike as a winter hack. I think I may well put white/black tyres on rather than the yellow/black.

Attachments

• raleigh_kelloggs_pro_tour_dec14.jpg
    raleigh_kelloggs_pro_tour_dec14.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 392
Back