Tsundere

Fat Chance Fan
Feedback
View
I was looking at THIS one...

But then I scrolled down and saw THIS one

db6.PNG db5.PNG db4.PNG db3.PNG db2.PNG db1.PNG aesthetic.PNG

It cost £20 more and is in my size ☺️

It's been used as part of an indoor display at a biking centre for the past couple of decades, and before that was barely ridden if at all by the original owner, the only thing that isn't original - tyres, which were changed soon after it was purchased.
I always admired the paint job on this model, and I know it's nothing special in terms of its specifications but it's great to find something I once lusted after in such immaculate condition.

It cost £245, was that a fair price?

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The paint work is still very nice
Agreed - I love the paintwork 👌
Also I found out that they originally came with

Farmer John "cousin" Tioga MTB tyres 26" x 1.95​

Now I just have to find a pair of those and it will be 100% period perfect.

I picked up a 1990 DB Ascent a few years ago for £20.
Blimey, nice find, covid has definitely driven prices upwards somewhat but £20 is crazy cheap.
Agree that they are pretty bikes, it was seeing one of these that first tempted me away from road cycling towards trail riding, picking this up is like finally scratching an itch I've not been able to reach for years.

I really like that paint scheme. Helped a friend way back in the day repaint one. To get that effect I basically burned paper under the frame and let the smoke create that effect, then lacquered over it.

Not that yours needs it. Nice find.

Back