1991 Klein Pinnacle

Added a Hite Rite which is great for the woodland trails I tend to ride on the most, allows me to move my weight back and forth when the saddle is dropped, and it now has modern tyres, I know I said period correct but I have yet to find lighter, faster rolling tyres from the 90s with this width, Rene Herse Rat Traps may be on the cards depending upon ongoing negotiations re possibly selling and exporting the bike to Japan.

I love this bike with this set up, the wheel/tyre combo pretty much dampen out any excessive vibrations, so much so that if I continue riding it as often and as hard as I am doing currently the not inconsiderable profit the bike could net me will be eroded by chips and scratches, but there's more to life than money and right now I'm enjoying my cycling just about as much as I ever have.

P7210034.JPG P7210037.JPG P7210035.JPG P7210036.JPG

Looking so good! What nominal/real size are the tyres? I need new for my Kileaua but rear clearance seems quite limited.

Looking so good! What nominal/real size are the tyres? I need new for my Kileaua but rear clearance seems quite limited.
They are marketed as 2.2's, but on my 44mm rims which I imagine effects the profile considerably they measure 2.45''. They aren't the cheapest but honestly, no matter which bike I put them on ride quality is noticeably improved, they are stupidly light and they roll extremely fast. Not ideal for very loose, soft or slippery ground, but for tarmac (wet or dry), gravel (dry) and hard pack (dry) they are superb.

They are marketed as 2.2's, but on my 44mm rims which I imagine effects the profile considerably they measure 2.45''. They aren't the cheapest but honestly, no matter which bike I put them on ride quality is noticeably improved, they are stupidly light and they roll extremely fast. Not ideal for very loose, soft or slippery ground, but for tarmac (wet or dry), gravel (dry) and hard pack (dry) they are superb.

Thanks. Never squeeze them into my Kileaua!

Back