Jax's 1991 GT Zaskar project *Finished*

Re:

:LOL:

So they flex eh? Well that's probably why Hans used a brake booster as well then.
I've got one ready to fit - so that will help I guess.
I'm not too fussed about sus forks, I prefer rigid so am on the lookout for the original 2x4 forks (shame the owner didn't keep them, but then, who would of done ;) )

Re:

Now doing the Fork brace and Brake Booster

Brake Booster is good, just needs roughing up before paint, the brace needed a good bit of wire wheel and powder blasting plus a little bit of filler for the pitting.

Paint both tomorrow :)

20140504_103509_zpsxrvv63ee.jpg

Re:

Also posted this in the 'wanted' section (as most people probably won't read this thread ;))

All must be Deore XT and either VGC or NOS please ;)

Onza Chill Pills in silver or black

Crankset - FC-M730-SG

Front Canti brakes - BR-M732 cantilever or BR-M734 (black finish only)

Headset - HP-M736 (1 1/8")

Any help greatly appreciated.

Re:

Small update - got the new XT shifters today, very nice so thanks to Antstark for those ;)
They are the '92 ones but they look better than the '91's imo and the condition was too good to pass on.
I also have a new XT crankset on the way, so I'll update when that arrives.

I do still need the XT headset though and won't be stripping the bike until I have it so really hope that becomes available soon :)

Re:

Headset now removed - Deore LX but can't find part number so don't know the age :(
Still need to find that ('91) Deore XT headset people!!

Re:

Forks now removed and stripped.
Will be removing the paint and respraying the legs but doubt - or tbh, they won't - be painted in the original colour which is a horrible gold imo.
They will be gold but I want something a little more 'bling' but not chavvy so don't panic :LOL:

And I'm still after a new crown for the Mag's as the cable grooves worn into them bug me too much. So I'll be measuring it up and asking the lovely people on here for help sourcing that ;)
Thats it for now :cool:

Re:

Is the headset the sealed lx one? Can't really see it on my little phone screen but Its a 1993/4 made HS I think (if I'm thinking of the right one) A tioga avenger I'm thinking would be a good alternative to an XT threaded headset

Sean

Re:

Yep you're right - they are sealed, well done. And that date would be right as I'm pretty sure the forks were fitted in '93.

Appreciate the alternative (and I'll make a note of that) but I would like to complete the XT groupset if I can.

Back