Jax's 1991 GT Zaskar project *Finished*

Re:

:shock:

Tbh, while looking for some 3D forks, I've seen a few similar age Zaskars on eBay go for quite cheap, so I was thinking maybe to buy one, swap the forks then rag that around the woods :)

Re:

Can I be honest here ? This build is a bag of mixed emotions for me ... It's a great build no denying :-D just read the whole thread from start to finish ... Gotta love a polished frame with skin walls... Pure old school and done to a high standard here. What I don't understand is why people spend a shit load of cash on NOS parts for a bike that won't get dirty .. Just looked at !? $100 for a headset :LOL:

Btw, to protect your alloy frame try poor boys alloy wheel sealant and G tech c2v3

Re: Re:

enc":2f9oyq4e said:
What I don't understand is why people spend a shit load of cash on NOS parts for a bike that won't get dirty .. Just looked at !?

Two reasons: people want to 'freeze time', and hang onto a feeling, or a memory (associated with that object)

and/or: fetishization of bright objects (monkies and crows do it too)

Re: Re:

k-rod":2wodp1qd said:
enc":2wodp1qd said:
What I don't understand is why people spend a shit load of cash on NOS parts for a bike that won't get dirty .. Just looked at !?

and/or: fetishization of bright objects (monkies and crows do it too)

:shock: :LOL:

Re:

I totally see your point :oops:
But after the hard work and cash building it I just can't bear to thrash it round the woods.
Which sounds ridiculous for a mtb :LOL:
Like I said though, I'm happy to buy another cheaper, slightly tatty one to ride proper :)
Tbh, I'd love another Cindercone, I miss my old one :cry:

Re:

Because a bike that does not get dirty with bashed up parts looks utter shit!
Would have thought that pretty obvious.
Garage trophies get NOS and dirty rides get the scruffy tat.

Now that is a stunner.

I have my own early Zaskar project on the go, plan was to build it back up on the cheap but like all good plans it changed. It won't be as original as this but it'll definitely get used. I don't ride my retrobikes as hard as my new one but you shouldn't worry about using it. Just enjoy it :)

Back