Japan YETIS

beepbeep":2s0il2op said:
:cool: ......... :roll: ..........

That grey ARC is just a honey, looks like she has a crack habit though.

80 000 Yen looks damn expensive but it's about £580/$890. Still a little over-priced for a piece of wall art and some nice 3DV bits maybe?

It is actually clear coated bare alloy

I guess if I clear coat the Ultimate it won't be quite as grey. :roll:

But, grey powder from Spectrum ought to do it. ATAC and Accutrax grey too? .... hummmm. :? :roll:

I can recall a couple of pictures of grey powdered ultimates. Never seen a grey one in the metal, and I've never seen a clearcoat over alloy ARC. Likewise I didn't know yeti made those.

Early UK ARCs seemed to be mostly grey also - though that's just probably my reference point from the races seeing the same riders / bikes.

They do look stealth with matching grey ATAC/ FTW and AccuTrax. Having said that I remember a picture of a grey ultimate with the neon pink fork and an ATAC. That looked fantastic.

I would love an Ultimate, I just wish I spoke Japanese!

I do not know WHY or WHERE, but I do have heart of clearcoated ARCs :? Early ones.

Elev12k":1z2pcpw3 said:
I do not know WHY or WHERE, but I do have heart of clearcoated ARCs :? Early ones.

ARC Proto... not powdercoated. ;)

arcproto27122001klein.jpg

Nice! I can understand why there'd be protos in the buff so to speak (that looks raw rather than clearcoated?), but were there ever any production bikes in a clearcoat (or raw)?

Otherwise, in that case Keith Bontrager made clearcoat frames as well, probably alongwith most frame builders.

The ARC gray is clearcoat. I didn't used to think so and got into this argument before. I was wrong. Heck, I was looking at one of them at First Flight not too long ago.

Back