MANTIS SCREAMING V

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 14-06-15 500 000 JPY to GBP - Japanese Yen to British Pounds Exchange...png
    Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 14-06-15 500 000 JPY to GBP - Japanese Yen to British Pounds Exchange...png
    40 KB · Views: 13
First of all: What a beautiful and rare frame! Thanks for posting it on here. Still, 500kY is around 3.5kĀ£/ā‚¬, thatĀ“s quite a confident price considering there are auction fees/customs/delivery (in a massive crate no less) to be paid. Speaking of shipping: Is the shippig crate original to the frame? There seems to be Mantis branding on the inside?

Regarding the inaccessability of Yahoo auctions: Yahoo changed the terms&conditions (I think in 2022?) and you can no longer directly view/partake in auctions from outside of Japan. However one can still use a forwarding service like buyee.jp, which places a bid for you and handles shipping/export (again, for a fee). HereĀ“s the link to the auction via buyee:

IĀ“ve used them before and itĀ“s a relatively straightforward process.
Thank you for your questions!

There seems to be very little information about this bike. I found out a little bit about the history of this Mantis on the mombatbicycles.com.
I am not the only person involved in this auction and we are offering this amount because we need some cash.

This display panel is not the original accessory for this Mantis, but was probably commissioned by the first owner to a sign manufacturer. This frame was displayed in the first owner's store for a long time with this panel attached. Since this bicycle is very valuable, we pack it tightly to prevent damage during transportation. The panel seems to be suitable for packaging, so I modified it a little and attached the bicycle to it. The extra piece of wood for packing is easy to remove.

Thank you also for the information on Yahoo Auctions. We are not very knowledgeable about overseas exports, so if you are interested in bidding or purchasing, we would appreciate it if you could use an agency such as buyee.

Thanks!

Very cool frame - not sure have even seen one before on hereā€¦

Exceptionally impresive packaging crate too !

Guess the obvious solution is to remove the shock to meet the air shipping regs?
Thank you for viewing my post!

the shock:
It is certainly possible to take that approach. Alternatively, you may consider using marine transportation, but I hear that it will take a lot of time and that there may be concerns about the security of the cargo during transportation...

Amazing frame you've got there! :)

For the shipping, I'd use a courier like DHL/UPS/FedEx. With them, there are no issues with rear shocks etc. The "normal" posts don't allow for example batteries to be shipped but I used UPS to ship a bike with Shimano Di2 drivetrain incl. battery.

Amazing frame you've got there! :)

For the shipping, I'd use a courier like DHL/UPS/FedEx. With them, there are no issues with rear shocks etc. The "normal" posts don't allow for example batteries to be shipped but I used UPS to ship a bike with Shimano Di2 drivetrain incl. battery.
If indeed someone from outside of Japan should buy it via Yahoo/buyee, itĀ“s not the sellerĀ“s problem anymore. After payment to buyee the frame would be shipped to them (still in Japan) as intermediary. They then ship it abroad, handle the paperwork and re-packaging as they see fit. Yes they charge a fee, but thatĀ“s their job and in my experience they do it well.

Last edited:
I donā€™t understand why these bike manufacturers put those horrible bars for front mechs on full suspension bikes. Why donā€™t they use a bb mounted front derailleur? Itā€™s a lot cleaner.
Easy...they weren't invented yet.

And as an aside the BB mount derailleurs are much less rigid than that traditional bottom swing design and lead to more vague shifting.

Back