I've gone all FSR... All finished pg2

Re: I've gone all FSR...

That saddle will be going, I'll see what it is when it gets here. Just awaiting the non urgent delivery, its no rush.

Wheels are a bit of a bugger to source at the mo but I'll muddle by with what I have - may have to get into a bit of wheel building again. I have 8spd parts but no cassette. I have loads of 9spd cassettes but no shifters!

Ho hum!

The saddle is indeed a Fizik 'Titano' railed jobbie - not sure of its destiny just yet. Looks horrible to me but maybe a joy to the bottom.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/fizik- ... e~p~66884/

Bargain octalink XT chainset on the way which means I can leave that BB in.

Just waiting on bushes for the shock.

Shiny headset installed and a Tioga stem to hold the forks on until Robmac's blue Tioga stem arrives in a generous bout of kindly karma.

The minor headaches to finish are wheels, 9spd shifters and surprisingly, bars. I've run out!.

This is an extreme budget build so dont like to splash out too much so it may be a while yet before it is entirely finished.

Tyres on. Wheels on. Is it wrong to have a GT Hadley hub on a Specialized?

Anyway, front mech to sort out and just awaiting bars/ grips from ebay. Will also splash out at least a £1 on some new q/r for the wheels.

New bushes for the shock fitted almost perfectly and once the bike was on the ground, it appears to be the right size! Too often they're a teeny bit too small.

Silver Tioga may give way to Robmac's karma'd blue one depending on fit (if not its destined for the Zaskar - it used to have one many moons ago).

Attachments

• even more fsr.jpg
    even more fsr.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 855
  • more fsr.jpg
    more fsr.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 855

Well, its finished! Rides quite nicely, plush rear end let down by the forks, and the bicycle too...

Iet63o.gif

All done! Had to go smaller with the stem to suit riding position. Jury is out on those forks. Floppy XT rear mech replaced by brrrrrand new old stock Deore. Alivio front mech works ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY... yes it does.

file.php

Re:

I like the saddle. FSRs need a bit of colour coordination to offset the huge body, take the eye away a little.

I have a Fizik Gobi XM with the carbon rails on the Trance, and I find it really comfy for XC, (otherwise known as real mountain biking).

What about chainstay protection? I would consider a clutch too.

The real pressing question is, though, what is in the plastic tub?

Back