I've been unfaithful to my long term girlfriend

snooks

Old School Hero
Guys (and girls) I've got a confession to make, luckily through the internet I have a certain amount of anonymity...I've been unfaithful to my long term girl, we've been going out together for 18 years, and I love her to pieces. But today I did something I shouldn't have. I'm not proud, but I went out with one of her (distant) relatives and we got on really well together. So well in fact, I don't know whether I'll ever feel the same way about my girl again. :cry:

It's not been the greatest between us for a while, her weight has been becoming more of an issue recently. She's always been a bit on the heavy side, but I never really noticed much..OK there had been odd times when I'd look at other girls, window shopping if you like, but I'd never lay a hand on them... I thought about it, yes, but never acted.

In the 18 years we've been going out there was only ever one other, and I go to work with her so there was never any possibility of the two girls meeting, and they are totally different. My girls more of a hiking boot kind of girl this other one is more of your flat soled pumps girl

It wasn't until Sunday when I realised there was a big problem with our relationship...I went out with a few mates and they had their girlfriends with them, all of whom were younger and fitter, and better looking and better dressed than my gal. So, just out of interest I had a look on the internet, and that's when I saw my new love.

I met her in the flesh today, I drove past and she caught my eye, just leaning against the fence in the front garden, I think it was love at first sight...I'd seen photos of her on tinterweb, and I thought she looked good, actually she looked great, but that first moment I saw her, I knew there was something special between us.

Anyway I brought her home and then we went out round the park to watch the sun set. She's everything my old girl isn't, she's 4 years younger, fun, frisky and she constantly brings a smile to my face...she also a lot lighter, and goes like the clappers ;) ..Don't get me wrong I love my long term girl, I've even tried to help her with her weight problem, I replaced her handlebars, saddle, seat post, and kept her up to date with a new crank. She still looks great, the 90s fire mountain splatter pattern is awesome, but there is no getting away from the fact she's on the heavy side and she's holding me back.

My new love handles like a dream, can sprint up hills and flow though corners, is faster and more fun, and I found myself feeling guilty that I was enjoying myself playing with my gals modern Kula cousin.

Will the guilt go away? and how to I let my old girl down gently?

Any advice greatly appreciated....

What? You didn't think I was talking about real ladies....Did you?? ;)

There is always a "bedding in" period ;) in a new relationship, after a while you'll find you go back to your old flame 'for old times sake'. A quick ride won't matter while no one is looking and all of a sudden you'll be back together again. You can't beat a good old 'un.

Is this "Singletrack"

You're better off asking over at Singletrack.

(Singlebloke, more like) It's full of men in lycra, dishing out online relationship advice.

Anyway, sound like she rides nice - I just hope she's "low mileage".

4 years difference, during the years when most R&D effort was put into binning weight wherever possible. you've also gone from bottom of the range to top of the range. nice one.

I've started throwing money at my new love already....Just bought XTR pedals on Ebay...The madness begins!! :D

I think you should just get them to meet and then you can have a nice threesome? Will be good for holiday's two and you can take them both with you without leaving one behind :D

Its time to retire the old bird, still keep and polish her, but only take her out on sunny days, that way you will only remember the good old days, with your new ride, thrash her and find her limits, then explore going beyond them together.

Very good, had me cringing at first at the thought of some one spilling their emotional guts on these forums, then chuckling as it became clear.

My advice... get out there, ride as many as you can and make sense of it all when your old and unable to put up a decent performance.

sounds a bit like 'Our Tune' with Simon Bates. What record would you like played ;)

Back