Is this a Merlin Elevator Titanium frame £200 eBay

It’s seriously questionable. If I (or anyone else) buys it outside of eBay there’s no protection. Seller also stated when initially cancelling that it was cracked and had damaged threads so if that is the case there’s no come back.

Hmm, tricky one. Can you offer home £500 and see if he will honour the deal? At that price it's still a steal but gives him some confidence that he's got at least a decent price for it?

They can cancel any bid or remove the listing completely as "item damaged" before it is sold... but they can't cancel your order after you have bought it unless a) Its on your request or b) You don't pay within the specified time. If you received the item and it was damaged i.e "not as described" then you could return it. There are so may muppets on eBay who think its FB marketplace

A seller can cancel for many reasons after the end. At the end of the day they do not have to send it no matter what.

If the seller now thinks it is worth more, a lot more in this case then I dont blame him for feeling like he lost out and wanting a fairer price for it. You could offer them the £500, like above still a good price, and they may be happy with that!

Hopefully going to speak to the seller on the phone today. I had paid and they refunded. If it’s steered outside of eBay it could be an expensive risk.

Unless someone has gone round with the cash, in which case they can look over it before committing, then I think they would be happy to relist as they would be covered also. They can relist as a buy it now, get them to put a different title, your name for example, which stops someone else finding and buying before you get there.

A seller can cancel for many reasons after the end. At the end of the day they do not have to send it no matter what.

If the seller now thinks it is worth more, a lot more in this case then I dont blame him for feeling like he lost out and wanting a fairer price for it. You could offer them the £500, like above still a good price, and they may be happy with that!
That's not true mate.. there are very few reasons a seller can cancel. Anyway If you were a seller of something you knew nothing about, wouldn't you maybe do a bit of research before listing. He obviously came up with £200 from somewhere.

That's not true mate.. there are very few reasons a seller can cancel. Anyway If you were a seller of something you knew nothing about, wouldn't you maybe do a bit of research before listing. He obviously came up with £200 from somewhere.

Just saying as you said there were only two reasons :)

Hopefully going to speak to the seller on the phone today. I had paid and they refunded. If it’s steered outside of eBay it could be an expensive risk.
Lets hope it isn't as bad as is being suggested, and you can score it for a fair price.
You've done well on bargain Merlins in the past, so fingers crossed on this one too!

Back