Beware: KHS Montana Pro on eBay

MSYT

Retro Guru

Hey guys.

Just to give everyone a heads up.

Over the last few years I collected a few Montana Pro frames... the first 3 all had hidden damage in some way. I passed them on for dirt cheap to anyone who fancied trying to repair them earlier this year.

I've just come across this listing and it looks suspiciously similar to one I sold. The chip, or missing paint at the back of the headtube suggests it's the same frame and the scuff on the tru temper seems to match too. I'll have pics at home to verify but... that frame was bent. It must have had a slight tweek to the front end and it was bent down slightly.

I have messaged the seller and asked them to check and update the listing. They have replied sort of asking for proof and saying it came from a "job lot" of parts so hopefully the listing gets updated.

Anyway - just be aware if you're looking at this listing. Hopefully it get's verified soon. I'd hate for someone to buy a frame and be as disappointed as I was when they realise it's damaged.

---
I also sold, well, gave away a second frame I had to the same person who took the bent frame and that frame was also damaged with a split in the seat tube from someone cutting out and levering out a stuck seatpost so I'm guessing the frame already sold "could" be that one.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Fair play, hopefully it's relisted with updated description and not just with keywords altered to throw off your search notifications! ;)

Back