Is it me or has the Retrobike forum banner changed...?!

Do you like the new banner?

• Yes really funky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's OK s'pose

• Bleurgh! It looks too modern!

• Total voters
Looking good.. one last thing, The search button might look good if it was the same height as the search textbox. I'm loving the small links fonts, much more readable! ;)

The homepage is much better than before, it's clearer to see the writing on the top link bar and glad the old 'retrobike' is normal on the forum page.

John, create a new skin (forum) and play around in there, much easier and less chance of buggering things up.

You can always shout testers to switch to it and see if it is working.

Also you may find this site very useful.

http://browsershots.org

John":38u7juft said:
Iphone browser. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

mazdaman1980":38u7juft said:
Its not a huge change but i cant abide the small writing, its given me a headache reading some of this!

But i already feel loyel so whatever happens i will still be visiting again...and again....and again....... :LOL:

Small font where? The forum text hasn't changed.

Not on i phone, on my laptop. I hadnt changed anything. Looking today the text is back to normal but yesterday it was like i had changed the resolution. Sorry John, i wasnt picking holes, just giving feedback. :D

Latest update to header on everything bar forum, gallery and links.

A few formatting issues with aw on ie6, otherwise looks ok to me on ie6,ie7, ff2,ff3, chrome, symbain browser and opera mini.

Scales ok on my mobile browser, feedback from other mobile users would be good.

thanks for that browsershot link too, v useful.

Looking good to me John, my only comment from a design perspective would be, try nudging the logo down ever so slightly, it does look a little as though the blue banner with the links on starts under the logo. Maybe even try showing a little white space in front of it?

Otherwise like it :D

Attached illustrations of what I suggested

Banner updated as per suggestion. Had feedback from elsewhere the logo didn't quite sit right on the banner.

So now hopefully the homepage, shop, aw, contact, google search and links pages are sorted. If anyone notices any issues or glitches on any browsers or devices please lmk and i'll do my best.

Forum next up :shock:

I suppose my only issue is that running at 1280 x 1024 everything's a bit squashed up to the left whereas previously it was spread across the middle. There's a big gap between the links and the Google search. IE7 BTW :oops:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 868
orange71":2okcr55d said:
I suppose my only issue is that running at 1280 x 1024 everything's a bit squashed up to the left whereas previously it was spread across the middle. There's a big gap between the links and the Google search. IE7 BTW :oops:

As intended. The alternative is to run the site in a fixed 800px wide box like a lot of other sites.

John, that looks much better.

Just had a quick look at some of the pages and there appears to be an issue with some, not all of the pages that you get to from the Links page.

If you go to links, and then go through each of the pages listed there, on some with longer names, the title at the top is squashed when on more than one line.

Back