im now royaly p155ed off

Hi, I read this yesterday and I keep thinking about it.
I'm really sorry to hear you've been injured, necks can be nasty, and it doesn't make for fun retrobiking!

I feel sad that your employer is being so unsupportive, although the accident doesn't sound like his fault, he does have a responsibility for the well-being of his employees.

I agree with the others who have said that quitting is not the answer, but wonder if there may be an easier solution. I started wondering why your boss is behaving in such a peculiar way. Surely even the most hard arsed boss would want his staff in good working order! It sounds as if he needs you, so why would he want to drive you away? I wonder if he thinks you are trying to take advantage of him. If he is of that opinion, it may explain his behaviour, although not excuse it. But it might lead to a quick and happy resolution of your dispute:

Maybe you need to open a dialogue with him directly. Email him and tell him how you feel (diplomatically), and what your concerns are, and ask him if there is anything that you can do to help. Perhaps some paperwork that you could do from home, phone calls. And ask if there is anything he thinks you have done wrong, so that you can address the issues.

Even if the guy doesn't respond positively and you can't sort it out, at least you have tried, and can prove it.

It may just save you both a lot of money & heartache.

I really hope you manage to sort it out, and that you're feeling well again soon.

its possible he doesnt have employers liability insurance covering accidents at work...hope you feel better ck. :shock:

brian555 i tried somthing very simular with him ealier in the week and he knows im wouldn't take advantage as i stayed at work when i had my wisdom taken out just before christmas as we where very busy and i stayed when i had flu even though the other lad was off sick and not quite as bad its all down to him having issues with anything that dosn't give him the best out come for him same as my NHS self cert i filled in a gave to him is no good he wants a doctors note and nothing else will do and every time i asked to fill in the accident book he just started talking about his own life story and changed the subject his problems are not mine. and i cant talk about this any more cheers for the support guys peace out :? :cool:

Back