identify this clockwork model year and should i repaint?

but orange and purple was the original colour and i sort of like it because no-one else does!! :? :D

that one is very nice though

Twas only my opinion, if you like it, go for it! If its done properly I'm sure it will look good.. and you don't see many around so it does make it kind of a cool. ;)

The colour looks good to me, but then I've only seen the photos and reality can be very different. I kind of like the idea of returning her to original with the orange / purple fade if you're gonna paint her, but you'd have to get it spot on for it to look right (That shouldn't be a problem for Bob Jackson though).

In the end, it's your bike and you've got to live with it not me.

Lovin' it though. ;)

P.S. The frame number should ID the year, my guess would be around 92.

I'd paint it any colour you fancy. The whole 'turning it back to original' thing is just too nerdy for me.

I'd ride it until the green is chipped all over first mind!

i know what you mean about nerdy, i've never done an original project yet. but i have managed to get most of the right bits just by chance or seeing them advertised over time. it is chipped in a couple of places but nothing bad, but i'm a freak for not dropping it or leaning in a dodgy way and by comparison with some of the other steeds it doesn't get used a huge amount so waiting for it to look tatty would take me ages!!!

i'll probably get it done, i've sort of talked myself into it, just need a pic of one to copy it!!

has anyone got one? have been searching the archive and the net all day!! emailed orange aswell, nothing yet.

Yes, there's a real danger of becoming a boring nersd.. ;)

"Oh well I notice that the grease in your hubs is white, whereas in 96 Simano were using a red grease...far be it for me to criticise though..." AAAAARGH!

I just enjoy riding mine, and the purists will hate my flam fade paint job and no decals. :shock:

1994 Pine Mountain. Flam blue at the front, black at the back...

Attachments

• Pine Mtn 1.jpg
    Pine Mtn 1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 648
right, don't know if this is gonna work but i'll try

should be a pic of a clockwork!

bugger. it didn't! i'll try again!

http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/brochures/ ... mplete.pdf

click on it then close up on the purple orange one, that's the only pic i can find but i don't remember mine being quite like that, for the record, i don't like that style of fade, don't mind the colours though.

Latest posts

Back