Ibis Ti Mojo - a crack repair photo story

it has no gone for a headset and ti bb fitting... still wondering what fork to use. I have a black sheep inch fork but it does strange things to the look of the bike, just not quite sure its right. Want an inch ahead fork, prefereably rigid, hmmm. The search is afoot.

thanks Gruff, for this build I think I need to find a ti one, indeed the black sheep fork is lovely and if I cant find another will get refitted, I just find it looks high at the front, I don't notice it when I ride it so it is pure bike vanity that I'm looking for something else. Thanks for offer though.

ti_pin_man":1i29h74c said:
thanks Gruff, for this build I think I need to find a ti one, indeed the black sheep fork is lovely and if I cant find another will get refitted, I just find it looks high at the front, I don't notice it when I ride it so it is pure bike vanity that I'm looking for something else. Thanks for offer though.

No worries :D
I thought that would be the case but no harm in trying ;)

Re:

Brilliant thread. Almost wish I hadn't read it, as now I want a 'hand job' myself :LOL: Well worth repairing.

A Salsa Ti Regulator seatpost with 25mm setback would be awesome on this. Very comfortable too ;)

Thanks guys. I should dig out the review and build to match... Nah actually I should just dig out the review.. I have enough builds going.

Mpower nah that won't work, very nice but not old like me and my preciousssss

I've been thinking about fork for this... a while ago I bought a black sheep inch ahead to fork but I was never 100% happy with it. I also asked for it to have a disk mount, after all it was pretty much an every day bike and i wasnt trying to be retro I was actually just wanting good new disks... but now its back I'm starting to think about buying a ti fork with canti mounts.

I guess as I type this I realise I'm just thinking out loud. ha.

But I do have other bikes, FS and hardtails with new builds, disk brakes / suspension and all that jazz and this will be SS rigid. So maybe I should keep to some canti's / vees on the fork..

I'm coming to the conclusion I buy a rigid ti for from these guys with canti mounts. I'll still have the black sheep disk fork.

http://www.vigmos.de/produkt/titan-gabe ... nach-mass/

What do people think?

Back