I may have made a mistake! 1999 GT XCR 3000 i drive.

I have not generally found it to be a winning proposition to try to talk a woman or young lady into riding a frame she hates.

I might not sell the bike right away. Leave it in the garage in plain sight; keep it lubed up and pumped up. If she want to bond with it, she will. Meanwhile try to get her on as many bikes as you can. I take some comfort from the LeeLikesBikes guy, who says, if you really love a frame, that's a good indication that it fits ya. Bring a tape measure and take notes.

A word of advice, from an old man: get on it. My daughter wasn't really into biking, but she was into skiing; and I will say, every moment we spent on the mountain together is seared into my memory forever. Those were the most precious and beautiful moments of my lifetime.

It’s not. At 5’11 you should be on a large. I’m sure you could make it so you physically fit on it, but it would never ride remotely well.

That generation of GT were never amazing. Suspension pivots needed a lot of maintenance and the dog bones and bolts broke often enough to be considered consumables, but to be fair, that looks like a pretty good example.

Frames swap could work, but personally I’d keep as is and find a short term bike until she grows a bit, if you have the money. The way prices are, I doubt you’d lose money on a short term flip.
Yes. I think I'll try and find something cheap to tide her over for a while until she grows into it. It really is in lovely condition, other than leaky forks, but I've a set of Manitou Axel forks I can stick on to sort that. I'll have to try and find somewhere to stash it for a while!

I have that exact frame hanging on my rack, same colour as well. I've been debating whether to get rid of it, but it looks cool.

How tall is she? My eldest has outgrown his bike and I've another waiting in the wings. It's a spesh hardrock, though heavily upgraded with Sids, deore 1x10 Inc disc brakes and Mavic crosstrails.

Back