I don't get why some people don't get ebikes.

They are old bikes from their bike share schemes, a good idea. The photos are old and most of the sites have been cleared up years ago. However there are now new car share sites turning up as the country moves forward from bikes.

I don't use mine recreationally - yet. 61 with extensive foot surgery & ankle replacement over last few years & now pretty severe plantar fasciitis. I'm often totally knackered after a day on my feet - retail 3 days a week. If it wasn't for the ebike at the moment (aye, I built it myself) I'd be driving. Used to be ridden just the odd day but been using it just about every shift since end of January Determined to get back on the regular bikes - not given up yet. Don't care how I'm perceived by other riders. I'm riding my ride - not theirs.

No, but some come with usb ports if that helps. Are you asking for yourself, your other half or both? :LOL:
That does put things into perspective. I have to say I'm afraid it'd end up with not only the bike being charged after I realise the mobile pleasure center.

I've always been told I look good in stripes

For me, it is about choices. My ebike treads far more lightly on the world than a car or even a motorbike would, never mind a child or a pet dog, or habitual flying overseas for a weekend city break - all of which I forgo. But maybe you are equally bothered by all of those things too.
I am utterly terrified of children, too poor to fly anywhere but I do have a cat. Or the cat has me.

I only ride a pushbike. And I take it seriously. I am ALWAYS pushing it. I'm a fortune for trekking shoes.

I was careful to say "e mountain biking" in my post. As a substitute for a car, it is an improvement. Unfortunately, they are now trickling down to people who used to ride bikes for transportation. And unfortunately, the cheaper they become, the more disposable they become. It is easier to chuck an old Chinese motor in the ocean and buy a new one than fix it.
Here's an e bike graveyard. Are any of them twenty years old?View attachment 759024
Again, we have the privilege of sending this to other countries to deal with
How much for the joblot?

Anyone else starting to see an increasing number of junk ebikes on FB marketplace? ie motor knackered and/or battery missing or otherwise not working, parts missing (possibly stripped as part of a warranty replacement, or just stopped working). All look like they are covid era bikes.

Meanwhile my mountain biking mates are replacing their motors roughly annually due to failures. As I've said before, I'm an ebike commuter so not against them, but looks like its developing into a potential waste problem (or opportunity for budding repair enterprises).

Anyone else starting to see an increasing number of junk ebikes on FB marketplace? ie motor knackered and/or battery missing or otherwise not working, parts missing (possibly stripped as part of a warranty replacement, or just stopped working). All look like they are covid era bikes.

Meanwhile my mountain biking mates are replacing their motors roughly annually due to failures. As I've said before, I'm an ebike commuter so not against them, but looks like its developing into a potential waste problem (or opportunity for budding repair enterprises).
Definitely.
I've had a think about one for my wife but the horrors of incompatibility, knowing some non-bike bits of scooters etc and potentially buying a total lemon of a battery has put me off. I'd probably buy a used Swytch kit as it seems well supported

Back