I do love building wheels!

Re:

I have dismantled and rebuilt a few sloppily built wheels for the reasons above. Not built a snowflake in many years though, might have to give it a try.

Re: Re:

gil_m":11i99jid said:
next will be hub branding lining up with valve hole ;)

The best bit about wheel building is getting lost in the OCD possibilities; so, so cathartic! I really wouldnt trust anyone but myself these days as most shops know the process but don't know the art.
My last set of Royce on H+ Sons I built:

D3DCEA62-30CE-44D5-9E47-0BD37FB04973_zpswk7o2fhz.jpg

Re:

Attention to detail: spot on. Now, do you have that Royce logo facing the direction of travel or facing backwards?

groovyblueshed":q85rh428 said:
Attention to detail: spot on. Now, do you have that Royce logo facing the direction of travel or facing backwards?

That is dictated by the rear hub logo:

s-l400.jpg

Has to be in line with that!

pete_mcc":216cjtxl said:
groovyblueshed":216cjtxl said:

s-l400.jpg

Very nice indeed!

Sadly, Merlin built the wheels with the hubs not in line. The font wheel valve hole is two spokes behind the hub logo. On the rear, the valve hole is off by 180°!

In an ideal world, hub logos, valve holes and rim logos would all be in perfect alignment. The icing on the cake would then be aligning the tyre logos centred with the valves, may be...

groovyblueshed":2ax7nqfp said:
pete_mcc":2ax7nqfp said:
groovyblueshed":2ax7nqfp said:

s-l400.jpg

Very nice indeed!

Sadly, Merlin built the wheels with the hubs not in line. The font wheel valve hole is two spokes behind the hub logo. On the rear, the valve hole is off by 180°!

In an ideal world, hub logos, valve holes and rim logos would all be in perfect alignment. The icing on the cake would then be aligning the tyre logos centred with the valves, may be...

Beautiful wheels and hubs. On a side note... I always put the tyre logos over the valve holes :facepalm:

Re:

oh dear, oh dear :facepalm: the magic really wasn't with Merlin on this occasion...

Attachments

• rear o dear.JPG
    rear o dear.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 331
  • affronted.JPG
    affronted.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 332

Latest posts

Back