I am fed up with Ebay.

more annoying than ebay, are the people who troll ebay, and waste time writing you about the stuff your selling, just to pester you, with no genuine interest whatsoever.

oh wait, that's not exclusive to ebay.

GoldenEraMTB":3s9ubjpu said:
more annoying than ebay, are the people who troll ebay, and waste time writing you about the stuff your selling, just to pester you, with no genuine interest whatsoever.

I like the ones who bid items up to a crazy amount to keep people from bidding just to retract the bid at the last minute so their buddy gets it cheap. If I can't stop my auction with less than 12 hours left bidders should not be able to retract bids at the last minute.

sandmangts":16a3glhf said:
GoldenEraMTB":16a3glhf said:

I like the ones who bid items up to a crazy amount to keep people from bidding just to retract the bid at the last minute so their buddy gets it cheap. If I can't stop my auction with less than 12 hours left bidders should not be able to retract bids at the last minute.

Definitely; assholes. Didn't know what had happened to you. I'm thinking maybe we should make a thread listing ebay names of members who have participated in this type of activity. This way everyone can update their blocked bidder's list. My list is ridiculously long. It's also the reason why I won't start an auction at anything less than what I would reluctantly settle for- there are just too many scammers out there and among us, and too many ways to get over.

GoldenEraMTB":1w519qva said:

I get people pestering me for stuff I'm not even selling...

GoldenEraMTB":3vfd46v7 said:
sandmangts":3vfd46v7 said:

Definitely; assholes. Didn't know what had happened to you. I'm thinking maybe we should make a thread listing ebay names of members who have participated in this type of activity. This way everyone can update their blocked bidder's list. My list is ridiculously long. It's also the reason why I won't start an auction at anything less than what I would reluctantly settle for- there are just too many scammers out there and among us, and too many ways to get over.

Sorry about the multi-quoting, but I think that thread listing scammy eBayers is a great idea. I've been lucky enough never to have experienced that, but that's a disgustingly underhand practice. Name and shame!

: P

donny70":24r5577e said:
I get people pestering me for stuff I'm not even selling...

No harm though is there?

I have done that previously if I'm putting a build together and know someone has a part or two that fits the bill.

I have had it asked of me plenty of times too.

Pretty easy and quick to say 'yes' or 'no'!

BB

Back