Any advice regarding an Ebay -issue with a buyer.

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So I had a clear out of spare parts, one of those bits was my Cook cranks.

I received a number of questions as to the crank length and answered them all (FYI they are 175mm), for numerous reasons, not least having to run off to North devon, the land that the internet forgot, in order to say last good byes to my Grandmother who died on Wednesday. The information didnt make it onto the main advert until late on in the auction. (auction ended Sunday evening)

They were won by a chap in the USA. Who initially contacts me a day later with the message:
Did u just post don't ship too us !!!!!!!! Wt

At which point alarm bells started ringing and I thought he may be using a hijacked account asking for the item to be posted elsewhere than the US.

I reply back informing him I wont be sending it until payment had cleared (he has not made payment yet.)

I wait another day and then get the following messages, in the following order:

I want 180mm and sent to Santa Barbara ok for price listed only !

How much $ to send to california Santa Barbara total? What size 180

I placed bid for 180mm cranks not 175 I don't want 175mm and I don't think ad said don't ship to us . So cancell or get 180mm and send to us or no thanks cancell false ad

To which I responded:

Please note that the 175mm measurement was added to the advert prior to ending. It was added following a number of users requested the measurement. These users received answers to the question they asked.
I am sorry that the information was only added publicly fairly late on, but you made your bid on the information you had available. If you wanted more information you should have asked prior to bidding. The advert was in no way "false" and I object to the accusation. I understand that you do not want 175mm cranks and I can not force you to pay for them, but in order to avoid paying losing my listing fee and final valuation I may have to lodge a dispute with you as a none paying bidder, I shall check what the procedure is and get back to you. I am not a shop, these cranks are part of my bike bits collection, I do not have any other CBR cranks available.

Please be aware in the future that you should get all the information you need prior to bidding, other wise you could cost the seller money in lost fees or delisting fees.

Regards

So where do I stand, what do I do? Am I likely to lose my costs involved in the listing, will I be charged a final value fee on the £89 they went for?

Should I start to launch a conflict and will this enable me to get my costs back?

Should I just make a second chance offer? will this cost me?

Ebay...it should be so simple!

report as non payer , AND give second chance offer , they only sold once so one fee

been given second chance offers myself through this

I suggest you ask the potential buyer to cut 5mm off his legs :LOL: :LOL:

Failling that working out i would lodge a failure to pay dispute as all the relevent info was available prior to the auction ending and he should have bid iwth that info in mind.

Its not worth the hassle- just cancel the auction due to buyer not wanting it. I think you may lose your listing fee but def not final price% of sale that ebay take.

I think the are a number of options:
1) second chance offer (never done that so not sure how it works with the fees and the cancellation of the auction). If you are thinking of doing this I would contac the underbidder to see if they were interested first.
2) Agree to mutually cancel the auction (slight risk that the buyer may not accept)
3) Non-paying bidder

I'd try the cancel transaction route too. Maybe message him first to see if he would accept that option.

I would contact the second highest bidder to see if they are still interested. I would also copy and paste some of the winners messages to you to the second highest to show it's not a scam from you but your buyer is an ass

the second highest will either say yes or no.

The winning bidder I suspect will not pay you so after a few days I would lodge a non paying bidder claim also pointing out the vagieties of their request as to it's destination

Should you have to relist then ebay will not take fee's from you until they are sold if you have launched a non paying bidder claim

bollox to him - anyone who writes like that is one spud short of chip shop - do second chance offer. chances are you'd send the cranks then get dispute that they did not arrive - and then wotcha gonna do, go over to us to kick his bottom? I think not.

you may end up getting negative feedback but you are allowed to respond - one negative once in a while makes sod all difference - you can contact ebay about that too when it happens

Unpaid item dispute - this will also stop the keyboard thumper form leaving negative feedback. 2nd chance them or re list then

Back