I accidentally bought a Pace RC200 F6...

Well, this arrived yesterday...
wduDLU7.jpg

There's a fair amount of wear and tear, and not much life left in the middle ring. Oh, and no inner ring (who needs that anyway!). But they look great and hopefully the chunky machining will look good with the Pace's machinened square tubes. Well, I'm happy!

WandsworthRouleur":1rzf57oh said:
Well, this arrived yesterday...

There's a fair amount of wear and tear, and not much life left in the middle ring. Oh, and no inner ring (who needs that anyway!). But they look great and hopefully the chunky machining will look good with the Pace's machinened square tubes. Well, I'm happy!

Ah, I was looking for a red set of those! :LOL:

And now they're on. Best news of s that they're a perfect fit with the 110mm UN72 BB.
oeW6MEZ.jpg

Excuse the silver 22T inner ring. It's the only spare I have. I'll trawl here and eBay for a RF one to match.

Some serious fettling of the wheels and putting on the chain (which seems to be a bit short -- an old KMC with maybe one or two too many links removed. I'll need to order another from Wiggle. Consumables don't have to be period correct, right?!).

Brakes and gears adjusted, and we're nearly ready to go.

I have an early 2000s set of WTB Velociraptors that can go on for now. Saw another RC200 with red trick bits and red walled Panaracer Fire XC tyres. Think I might go for that. You can still get them new, but they were originally released in about 98/99, so the sort of thing you might see on an F6. Now the question is 1.8 or 2.1". 1.8" seems somehow more in keeping with the time!

Anyway, here's how she looks at the moment:
KoA0m7O.jpg

The build continues...

These things arrived this morning.

A set of Ritchey SPD compatible pedals. I had some of these BITD after I got fed up of not-quite-SPD Onza HOs. Thought they were great then, and chanced across some in reasonable condition on the Bay of E.
rh2Syha.jpg

And a NOS Pace RC-20 22T inner ring. Packaging was a little damaged, but the ring is fine.
pxunOYu.jpg

And here we are with the Pace fully built up, with steerer cut to the correct length, and some oldish (earl 2000s?) NOS Panaracer Fire XCs. I think these first came out in the late 90s, so I'm going with them being period correct (bearing in mind tyres are consumables!).
BqhfD28.jpg

There are still a few things that need to be done to finish it off. I'm after some period correct red Hope QR skewers, and a Hope Ti Glide rear hub. Oh, and annoyingly, I can't find the little tab that stops your bottle falling out of the bottom of the Ringlé H2O cage. Very annoying!

Right, time for a shakedown...

So, first test up and down the road shows that the wear on the middle ring is too much. Chain suck that not even the much vaunted Pace anti-chainsuck device can deal with. Time to borrow a 32T chainring from another chainset.

Lovely frame that . Gillm should be able to help with decals www.retrodecals.co.uk
/ com can't remember which !! I have an order in with him but not the first so just sent reply from last time excellent quality . Look forward to seeing it built

Back