How much would you pay for a vintage Miyata 1000?

dirttorpedo

Senior Retro Guru
I'm toying with buying a mid 80's Miyata 1000 - looks to be in good condition based on the photos. Am curious what the group feels is market value for these bikes. I see the prices all over the place - $1500 to $300 CDN is what I've seen over the years locally.

I am not sure that particular model was ever sold in Europe. Its local counterpart was the Koga-Miyata Randonneur, and those tend to fetch €200-€300 in good condition here in Holland. FWIW.

Local market conditions have a huge influence on value, so anything between $100 and $1,000 may be reasonable in your area.

I am not sure that particular model was ever sold in Europe. Its local counterpart was the Koga-Miyata Randonneur, and those tend to fetch €200-€300 in good condition here in Holland. FWIW.

Local market conditions have a huge influence on value, so anything between $100 and $1,000 may be reasonable in your area.
300 euro is around $430 CDN at the moment. I've agreed to pay a bit more than that ($600CDN) I think its reasonable as the owner has to make a ferry trip for the exchange.

My friend got one for just over $300 a few years back for a very clean version that is a couple of years newer, but I think that was an exceptional deal.

Glad to see that you got it. In the grand scheme of things $600 CDN for a bike you really like is not a bad deal at all. Congrats!

Hi guys, anyone knows how much I can get for my Miyata 5000 elevation bike.? Its all platinum color.I have no clue . Believe I got it in 1992? Thanx ahead for any answers.

Back