How much tolerance in a seat pin?

Thanks for the help and interest. Much appreciated and sorry if I am askingthe screamingly obvious. Despite being retired, I haven't cycled much since schooldays and I am now, I suppose, trying to recapture lost youth.

Since there seems to be some (flattering) interest in my bikes, maybe I can tell you my, and their story.

The Higgins was my father's which he used for criterium racing for the Army and later on for time trials. I have had it restored by Chris Hewitt who is the Higgins guru. It got pretty worn out and was hung up in his garage since the mid seventies.

The Mottram I bought in Leicester in 1969 after my original Severn Valley was stolen. I passed it on to my father who rode it to work everyday until his death. Sid Mottram's shop was still going then (1969, that is) and I bought its current mudguards there. It was a mess after not being used for a long time.

The Viking Vision was bought new in in 1979, and has been ridden off and on (mostly off) since then. It tends to be the first bike out of the shed.

The Severn Valley is my latest project. It is a bundle of bits some of which are suitable, and some not, which nearly gets us back on topic!

Thanks for listening!

Back